Attention Canon Users......

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I am looking for a dedicated Macro lens and I believe the 100mm L is the best out there, I have found a mint copy for £500. My question is this, What Canon Camera would you pair with it do achieve ultimate harmony ? I have a budget of between £500-£600.

I’ve had that lens a couple of times. Used it with a canon 5D MK2, MK3 and 1DX. The images were always stunning with this lens. It’s one of the lenses I’d always want to have. Does portraits amazingly and macro is brilliant. A very sharp lens. I’ve just purchased a 6D for £450 as a back up so I’ll have to test it and see how it looks. I don’t have any worries though as I know it will be great.

To my mind it seems a bit odd to buy a separate body, and an inexpensive one at that, just to use the macro lens. Why not use it on one of your Fuji cameras via an adapter?

Fringer pro adapter or just get the Fujifilm 80mm! It's amazing, apparently

I'll offer you the opportunity to deliver it to me for a few months to test and confirm ;)
Not an option, it's glued to my X-T3 so you just have to take my word for it. :)
BTW you can have a new 80mm macro for about the same money the Canon setup will put you back and while it is a big lens the total bulk will be less and the you avoid running 2 systems. Then again if money is an issue a lot of the old MF macros are actually very good and you will get used to shoot without af which you'll often have to do with the 80 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back