Audi RS6

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not really well practiced at static car shots but as I've just bought myself this RS6 I thought I best give it a go. So just after I bought the car I drove through Wales on my way to the Mach Loop for a weeks togging and came across a lovely place called Elan Valley. Stopped to take some pics and got some of the car at the same time.

Any C&C welcome(y)

1) Bit fly splatted I know!

RS6 in Wales by andyjayh, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

Shot 1 - Really should have given it a wash 1st :( and parked it away from the stonework, it just looks a litle 'cramped'
Shots 2 and 3 - Nice, although I would have come round to the corners a liitle (but that's just personal choice)
Shot 4 - A bit 'so-so', not sure what you're trying to portray in this shot. Personally I'd have used the background to greater effect, it's a beautiful skyline but the post to the left leads the eye away and that sweeping bend in the road would have been awesome

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, just what I wanted. Background and composition is where I struggle with on these types of shots, I'm fine with something grey and pointy coming in at several hundred miles per hour but give me a situation where I'm in control and I can take my time, I go to pieces :LOL:

Fair point re the wash on the 1st shot but I was in the middle of a drive through Wales to get to a low level togging spot and had been driving for a few hours by this point so the fly build up was out of my control. Agreed on the stone way being too close though.

2,3, also agreed on coming around a bit rather than straight side on. I had a shot like this but there was a sign on the grass that ruined the shot so I had to move around to avoid it. I'll take a look at the shot again and see if I can do anything with it.

4, ok I see what you mean re the post and the road. I was concentrating on the back of the car and the background but yes I think you are right and I should of moved to the left more.

Thanks, I need to work on composition much more :bang:

Jake, thanks and you could say it goes alright. The coming together of Audi and Lamborghini makes for an interesting package :D

Lovely motor!

Use of a polarizing filter would have been good though, works wonders on cars!

Have fun driving it ;)

Thanks and good point, didn't think about that. Right off shopping :)

I found my static cars shots improved out of all recognition once I started using a tripod. It allows you to compose a shot properly and to prep the space round it

Nick Froome

I haven't been out to re-frame yet, just looked back through the shots I already captured, but is this a better composition? I didn't crop the shot and processed as normal plus used a software grad on the foreground.

Audi RS6 Avant by andyjayh, on Flickr

agree with Beav, this needs to be on bags! or a decent set of coils that go nice and low!

as for the pics, number 2 and 3 work really well in my opinion but I do find them to be a tad tight with the framing!

agree with Beav, this needs to be on bags! or a decent set of coils that go nice and low!

as for the pics, number 2 and 3 work really well in my opinion but I do find them to be a tad tight with the framing!

;)

I was expecting to get shouted at for saying it should be on bags, lol

Don't really get the 'slammed' thing on a car like this, thought that was more you're Vauxhall Corsa 'upgrade':LOL: whatever floats yer boat I guess :cool:

But I do agree that the shots are too tight, will work on that (y)

Back