Audible Audio Books

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My Mrs is thinking about subscribing to this has anyone gone any experience of using it, really is it worth the money or are there better ones available?
Thanks for any help

Cheers

Chris

I've used it for some year firstly using iPods and now smart speakers and find it useful if it has the volumes you're after. Using smart speakers means if I switch to my workshop at the bottom of the garden which has a cheap one the book just continues on from where it last finished in the house. What I don't do is sit and listen to them there're always background to something I'm doing.

ive listened to thousands of audio books over the years, love reading but didnt have the time so this was a close second, used to listen when i was out walking or fishing or when i was doing stuff round the house, ive got speakers built into my bike helmet and tried listening on long journeys but had to revert back to listening to music instead, didnt feel safe concentrating on the book or more importantly the road , didnt work for me at night as i was falling asleep, the problem was finding my "Page" as the book carried on going when i fell asleep and it was difficult to find were i was when i nodded off. sadly nowadays i havent even the time to listen to audio books .

my favorite audio book was the pillers of the earth by Ken Follet, 45 hours long an epic, the follow up world without end was good too and only 35 hours long

The subscription model is worth the money if you work through the books at about similar rate.

I was a subscriber and listened to the books during my daily commute. It is excellent. But after COVID I don't commute as regularly so I no longer pay the monthly, there's a handful of books I've got via credit haven't listened yet.

There is regularly free trial or cheap 3 month deals, worth getting those to see if it's for you.

I listen to audible books when driving every day. My only criticism would be lack of choice of books and/or Amazon's clunky painful method of listing the books they have. They seem to make it as difficult as possible for you to browse through their content. On the plus side I've found some pretty good free books among the usual free dross and your monthly 7.99 includes a free book.

I've subscribed to Audible for about 4 or 5 years now. I've got a list of authors and narrators I like and I listen on my commute. Sometimes I can't think of anything and end up with credits left to spend. Just finished the latest Strike novel (32 hrs listening), and the new Reacher one lined up.
There is also the plus catalogue where some books become free and well worth exploring authors who aren't household names.

Back