Audio recording for video

Edit My Images
No
Hey folks, Im wondering if such a thing exists or maybe Im expecting too much. I am recording different events using my Sony A73 and various camcorders (lower budget ones), anyhow. Is there any way to record say from 4 mics for example to 1 camera and then be able to select which mic you want in post? Currently Im recording from external recorders and then trying to match them in post but even with the likes of pluraleyes its tough and just thought if there was some way of doing it straight to the camera or the likes then it would take a lot of the time and work out of syncing things. Hope I explained myself right. Thanks in advance.

I don't think you will find any camera either prosumer or professional that will take a feed from multiple mics and allow the individual tracks to be selected in post. Professional sound engineers use multi-track audio recorders and then work with the video editors to provide the required audio input.

Holy crap that's way out of budget for me lol. But thanks folks I had a fair idea I was gonna be out of luck but that kinda confirms it for me....thank anyhow.

The Zoom f4, Tascam DR60 are the sort of thing you want. These will allow you to record 4 tracks similatanious recording and will also allow a mixed output to a camera or other recorder.

Have a look at the “sound devices mix pre6” it’s excpensive, but brilliant. You could maybe hire one for a couple of days.

Try buying a cheap clapper board . This will give you a significant spike in the audio tracks so that you can sync them together, I'm surprised Plurleyes is struggling. I use the bruit in option in Final Cut and that works very well even with poor signal.Have you looked at the record levels , are they to low, or is there a lot of ambient that may make life difficult. However the clapper board may give you a good reference point for visual alignment and help Pluraleyes a well

Back