Audley End House (Photo added)

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
We went to Audley End House yesterday, I think this is one of my better shots. I've had a go at converting it to black and white, what do you think ?
Any comments welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I like both versions. Agree that a bit of leveling would be a good thing. The highlights in the original look to me to be intact, but you're losing something in the conversion. Pretty place, pretty photo.

The colour one says a whole lot more to me. Great shot. I love your composition.

Thanks for the comments, I agree it does not look level but if you put a grid on it in photoshop the top of the roof is level. The histogram didn't show that the high lights were blown, I did take it in bright sun in the middle of the day though.
I prefer the colour one, but i think the water looks better in the black and white.

I like this shot very nice indeed, prefer the colour one too, but more importantly are you considered a better photographer than me because your the 1100 model :LOL:

Hmmm, it is much straighter than in looks but it's how it looks that's important. Perhaps have a little play and see what works best. I reckon it could stand a bigger hit with the sharpen stick too.

It's a good shot and I'm preferring the colour shot too. Nice and rich. :)

I've had another little play with the colour version, this is basically as it came from the camera, just converted to jpeg, a bit of a sharpen and a bit more contrast. I used a tripod when I shot it and it was levelled. Is this any better ?

I like this shot very nice indeed, prefer the colour one too, but more importantly are you considered a better photographer than me because your the 1100 model :LOL:

I think by the time the 1500 model comes out he will be able to take a straight photo.:LOL:

Back