Auf Wiedersehen Pet

The Drama channel has just finished showing the first 2 series, they showed 2 or 3 episodes every Saturday. Keep checking it wont be long before they repeat it again.

The first 2 series were much better as they were commissioned by ITV rather than the BBC

Jimmy Nail did Spender and Crocodile Shoes before doing series 3 of AWP. There were a number of actors who appeared in more than one of those series (and some interesting family ties between the various actors)

I believe this is the pub that featured in the transporter bridge series.
Looked a bit sad when I took this photo four or five years ago.

DSCF0426 1.jpg

He used to change my wife's nappies (When she was little, obviously) Pat did.

T
I believe this is the pub that featured in the transporter bridge series.
Looked a bit sad when I took this photo four or five years ago.

View attachment 311689
The pub is the Captain Cook, it did feature in the series. The local council have now secured funding to save the building, I believe it has some heritage listing (possibly Grade 2) attached to it. It is probably the oldest public House building still standing in Middlesbrough. The Ship Inn was the oldest in the town but sadly that was destroyed in a fire some years ago.

Yep, great series. I started watching "Boys from the black stuff" again the other day but couldn't get into it this time. Loved it as a teenager.
Gizzajob! I remember working on a building site and half of the "labour only" workers ran off when the men from the "ministry" turned up one day!

Last edited:
Have both first and second series on DVD, at least what's on there is uncensored unlike on Freeview TV where the bit Wayne says "prick" behind a barman's back was cut out. That was one of the many memorable moments of the series.

Last edited:
the blue hut is still going, the original obviously burnt down at the end of series 1, but as series 2 started back in Dusseldorf for the photo being taken they needed a replacement,,,its now used by sea cadets in long eaton,IMAG0345.jpg

Have both first and second series on DVD, at least what's on there is uncensored unlike on Freeview TV where the bit Wayne says "prick" behind a barman's back was cut out. That was one of the many memorable moments of the series.

loads of scenes have been cut from them, they probably woudnt get broadcast now...my favorite programme of all time, watched them hundreds of times, been to loads of the locations from the second series

Back