Aurora Borealis over Jokulsarlon Ice lagoon

Great set, last one for me is the best as it shows more lightened foreground and with the volcano eruptions giving that little orange glow really helps.
Thanks for sharing (y)

Ps, I would maybe just clone out the plane trails. All 4 of them.

Last edited:
One word jealousy! That's what I feel. And in this case not only for taking these but for witnessing them. I'm seriously thinking to go over there but the "photography" tours seems so expensive. I wonder if it's possible to do quiet cheaply.

Edit: I realised that my post only said that I was jealous. I forgot to had that the all set is really great!

Last edited:
Stunning set, the last for me for reasons mentioned above.

Thank you for the comments all.

Visually is it the same as in the photos?

On this occasion the answer is yes obviously the camera enhances the greens of the lights but they were right there green as can be to the naked eye as this was a very strong Aurora.

If you have a weak Aurora they just look like light cloud you can only tell it’s the lights as the shape is different from normal clouds and once you take a picture you will see the greens

2nd and last shot for me :clap: absolutely stunning......all of them,colours and the feeling of movement have been captured perfectly.
Clive.

Great set, but as others have said that last shot, with a bit extra detail in the foreground (whilst keeping the volcano in there) is an absolute cracker.

Heading to Iceland with Big Andy et al. next March and hoping we get a glimpse of the AB while we're there let alone any shots like yours! I won't be cloning out plane trails - they are (to me) part of modern life so should be left in (again, IMO.)

Back