Aurora tonight

Nice Chris. Had the App notifications too and a couple of mates went out but going by our IG group chat the cloud had persisted a lot for them!

Amazing shots.

Living in Sussex sucks sometimes!

Astounding photos.

I got an alert, but the remains of daylight were still there...

I went out for walkies around between 6-7 in Worcestershire, and pretty much nothing, just a nice deep blue late evening sky. Seems like the show was further north and east. Just waiting to be proven wrong now... yet again :headbang:

Not as spectacular as some of the aurora above, but thats the disadvantage of living in North east birmingham. No where within a continant without light polution, or so it seems that way..

So I headed upto Magpie mine near bakewell. 3 hour round trip and there was loads of light polution on the horison which spoiled it a little.... so not as spectacular as it could have been

5G4A8351-Edit.jpg

I went out for walkies around between 6-7 in Worcestershire, and pretty much nothing, just a nice deep blue late evening sky. Seems like the show was further north and east. Just waiting to be proven wrong now... yet again :headbang:
There was next-to-nothing visible with the naked eye, for a while a very faint green glow,which could be easily passed off as light pollution. The above are 25 sec at 1250 iso, F2.8

Absolutely stunning Chris, well done! Sadly I found out too late and didn't make it out (again) :headbang:

Back