Aurora warning! 17th to 18th March

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up if you are due clear skies tonight.
The forecast is about as high as you can get, best for years apparently.
KP6 is expected during the night, which means an aurora could be visible down to the south coast of England, weather and light permitting.
http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

The figures change minute to minute, top map was completely green a few minutes ago (timed at 18.44).

Socked in - west central Scotland :mad:

hmmm,

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /aurora-forecast/ on this server.

Lucky you, Marie, it's cloudy in Fife........

hmmm,

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /aurora-forecast/ on this server.

This has been on the news all day and on FB so I'll not be surprised if the server is in overload!

Gone misty here now. Can see a throbbing glow but it's all a bit diffused.

Just had a shot from a friend on Skye...absolutely fantastic!!...Bet Marie will get some great stuff!!!!.....

Still misty here although it seems to be good not too far away.

Had wine - can't drive :banghead:

Clear skies and a magical show dancing across the entire sky from horizon to horizon and overhead here in Iceland. Green, pink, verticals and ribbons. I had to step away from the camera and just watch it dancing for a while.

My feeble efforts from the edge of the Pennines above Skipton....sadly a fair bit of fog in the valley :(

Here's mine

16823637366_bfc08e4bc5_o.jpg

16227136234_afe0e93646_o.jpg

16227131344_fdfbb8cf1a_o.jpg

Still totally overcast...

was cloudy here ALL night :( . typical we come away for a few days to a place with almost no light pollution ...and the skies ruined it lol

My feeble efforts from the edge of the Pennines above Skipton....sadly a fair bit of fog in the valley :(

Well I'd have been ecstatic with that! Lovely colours (y)

I was out on the south Pennines between Huddersfield and Oldham, clear skies, saw nowt :( What time was this Tom?

See loads of good shots from the north coast of northern ireland, I thought about going up but ended up not. Peak here seems to have been around 11.30

Saw the lights here (mid-Wales) last night. There seemed to be two main bursts; about 20.00 > 20.30 and 23.00 > 23.30. It was strongest after 23.00 , with the occasional "searchlight beams" , but still a very modest display compared to many of the images we see of them from further north.

There was a pale glow to the north just above the horizon most of the evening which is not usually there. I took a last look out of the bathroom window at 23.00 and by then the glow had moved southwards to the extent that the normal dark colour of the sky was visible between it and the horizon.

When a display is this faint I suspect the problem for many people would be knowing what to look for. I've spent so much time looking north at the night sky from here that anything different is easily recognised.

I love that top picture of Marie's!

Well I'd have been ecstatic with that! Lovely colours (y)

I was out on the south Pennines between Huddersfield and Oldham, clear skies, saw nowt :( What time was this Tom?

Thanks :) that one was taken about 23:30. I had been up ealier in the night when the fog was thinner, but the colours weren't as vivid. The annoying bit for me was that they weren't remotely visible to the naked eye. I just thought I would point the camera north and see if I could pick anything up. Luckily I did, just about.

Thanks :) that one was taken about 23:30. I had been up ealier in the night when the fog was thinner, but the colours weren't as vivid. The annoying bit for me was that they weren't remotely visible to the naked eye. I just thought I would point the camera north and see if I could pick anything up. Luckily I did, just about.

Not visible to the naked eye but picked up by the sensor. That's interesting!

They were very visible to the naked eye up here, such that lots of people were out without cameras just to watch them. Like laser beams all over the sky, although you couldn't see much of the colour until you took images.

16664832848_8b4be83f7f_o.jpg

Right, this is where I could have made mi mistake :oops: :$ I mentioned on another thread earlier this morning that the light pollution looked a little different, more of a pinkish tint, why I just didn't take a few shots anyway :banghead:, what a t*t
shakehead.gif
:D

Back