Authentication problem on Android phone

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an Android phone, ( A Wiley fox + if that makes a difference), lately I have not been able to connect to the internet because of "Authentication Problem", I know the password is correct as I have two other devices which connect properly. I have tried one or two ways to solve the issue from suggestions on Google to no avail, and finally tried my supplier who couldn't help other than suggest trying changing the password which would mean changing the password on my tablet and laptop which I am loathe to do in case I run into problems with them. This is a new problem as I have been able to connect to the internet on the phone up to about a week ago since changing to Fibre. Does anyone have suggestions I could try to resolve the problem other than buying a new phone?

Hi

Looking online it seems may people are reporting the same issue with same handset as yours.

I presume you have tried to forget the WiFi settings on the phone and then setup the connection again?

Another option is to put the phone in flight mode and then off flight mode to see if it connects.

Re: Fibre
If Plusnet and using their free PlusNet Hub One, that potentially is the source of your problem. If so, I will give you a link of interest......not worth adding a link without your confirmation.

Thanks for the replies, I've tried the first two suggestions with no luck and I'm with the Post Office, any other suggestions?

Could it be to do with 2.4 or 5.8 ghz settings, also disable mobile data if it's on by default.
I have seen rather similar issues connecting to osmo action by wifi.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Do you know anyone who is with a different service provider say virgin Cable or BT and try and connect using their account.
Also it might be worth doing a hard reset back to factory settings , its little brain might have got addled , just back it up to google first then its easy to reinstall everything.

I would go try someone elses WIFI as well just to rule out a handset issue

Hi everyone, problem solved, I'm not sure which suggestion worked, but thanks to all who took the trouble to reply. I always get the help I need on here.

Hi everyone, problem solved, I'm not sure which suggestion worked, but thanks to all who took the trouble to reply. I always get the help I need on here.

Glad you got it sorted :)

PS though the thing about not knowing which action you took that solved it........is that should it happen again, what do you do??? ;)

Let us know what you did , in any order then if we get the same thing we have an idea where to start.

Back