Auto extension ring set

Name
Ron
Edit My Images
No
Hi , I need some advice on which auto extension rings to buy , I’m not sure what fitting I need I use a Nikon F100 and D type lenses any advise on type would be appreciated.
Cheers

Last edited:
As John says, any F mount rings will work but for the automatic aperture (and potentially AF, although MF is usually better for macro) to work, you'll need a set with the electrical connections and possibly a through screw driver mechanism.

I bought a set from Amazon a few years back. They don't allow auto-focus (but, as Nod says, manual focus is preferable for macro anyway), but do have a set of contacts that allow aperture control, which is handy if you're using them with G lenses.

The ones I bought are no longer available, but I'm sure there will be similar alternatives. They cost me around £25.

I also need guidance on which extension rings to buy for canon EOS. Reviews suggest that some “drop” the lens, others short out the camera, auto ones are required to stop down the aperture but at prices ranging from twenty to one hundred and fifteen pounds, only previous purchasers experience can narrow the field down.

I also need guidance on which extension rings to buy for canon EOS. Reviews suggest that some “drop” the lens, others short out the camera, auto ones are required to stop down the aperture but at prices ranging from twenty to one hundred and fifteen pounds, only previous purchasers experience can narrow the field down.
I've had a Polaroid set in the past & an old Jessops set - both s/h both under £20 both fully automatic and never "dropped" the lens

Back