Auto focus issue help ?

Edit My Images
Yes
at a match today and for some reason my sigma 70-200 just decided not to focus, seems like no movement internally but it was intermittent. Body seemed fine and was still showing the focus guides.

If I moved the focus ring around it sometimes snapped back into action, tried removing and rotating the lens on the body, rotating focus ring full circle (end to end of its max).

Ant question just ask, I’ll try to explain or test.

Would/could cold effect this ? Or something else maybe ??

Battery fully charged?

Sounds like the autofocus motor is starting to fail. Exactly the symptoms my 120-300mm f2.8 had(many years ago), had to go to Sigma for a repair. Have a look on their website they give you a rough guide on prices.

Sounds like the autofocus motor is starting to fail. Exactly the symptoms my 120-300mm f2.8 had(many years ago), had to go to Sigma for a repair. Have a look on their website they give you a rough guide on prices.
Exact same here... cost me something like $750 (US) to have it repaired.

I've had both the Sports and contemporary 150-600mm Sigma lenses that have done exactly the same thing within six months of buying new, Both needed two attempts from sigma to repair them. Each taking a total of six weeks without either lens. Both needed the focus motor replacing in the end....... I will not buy another Sigma lens as i can do without the hassle.

Back