Autofocus issue Nikon D7200

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Hi, I have been having issues with my Nikon D7200 autofocus. Every lens I use will autofocus for the first or second shot then will no longer autofocus for the next shot. I have to wait until the camera goes into standby before it will then autofocus again then it happens again and again. Any help with this would be great.

One point I forgot to mention is that the autofocus does not stop working, it just keeps zooming in and out and wont lock on the image. As soon as the camera goes into stand-by it will re focus on the image when I depress the shutter release. The camera has been doing this since I bought it new from Currys a couple of years back and I thought it was down to the lenses I was using and the camera settings. I bought another lens for simple wide angle shots and put it on auto. It still does it in daylight.

One point I forgot to mention is that the autofocus does not stop working, it just keeps zooming in and out and wont lock on the image. As soon as the camera goes into stand-by it will re focus on the image when I depress the shutter release. The camera has been doing this since I bought it new from Currys a couple of years back and I thought it was down to the lenses I was using and the camera settings. I bought another lens for simple wide angle shots and put it on auto. It still does it in daylight.

So every lens is hunting?

Maybe a problem with the a.f module probably best to get in touch with Nikon and book it for a service.

This may be very off course but whilst reading David Busches D7200 book something comes to mind. I vaguely recall about a setting (even possibly associated with button assignment) where it states something like Camera focuses Once. I've been raking through this Tome this morning to no avail but that stuck in my mind.

seems strange, have you tried a full reset of all settings, just in case you've changed something by mistake, unlikely but worth a try first.

Back