Autopole ????

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I’m moving into a new studio in the next few weeks. Unfortunately the new studio has a bit less room than my old one (better location though) and I was thinking of using the autopole system from manfrotto. Has anyone got any experience with this system i.e where to buy in the uk and advice on aluminium crossbars for 3m backdrops that will be good with the manfrotto expan 3 roller system. Many thanks in advance.

I have and use 9 or 10 autopoles in my studio, all you will need is 2 poles and 2 super clamps which will allow you to attach the brackets for the expan system, I got the majority of mine from eBay at decent money.

Thanks Toxic. I’ll have a look, see what I can find. Can the auto poles be cut down in length at all? They are slightly to long for the studio.

Thanks Toxic. I’ll have a look, see what I can find. Can the auto poles be cut down in length at all? They are slightly to long for the studio.

You could but if the room isn't tall enough for an autopole it's probably not tall enough for people? The short autopole starts at 1.5m and the long one at 2.1m.

Yeah, I was looking at the larger one. I didn’t realise they did the small one. I did think that it was rather big lol. Ok, thank you very much for the advice, I’ll do some more research and make my decision on the best way to go.

Essential photo (pixapro) also sell an Autopole system now, and it's cheaper than Manfrotto

Hey Mike, I moved to a bigger studio with a high ceiling last year and have (I think) three autopoles tucked away that are no use to me in the new studio... Don't know where you are but if you're anywhere near enough to North Yorkshire to collect you can have them for a very fair price.

Back