Autum Time MTB and Moss!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey up...

took these back in autum with fresher john [John riding] but only just got the shots off john as i used his camera...

Tried to capture the lush greens which thankfully has some ambient light on them and flash to pick the rider out. Shot on D200 30mm 1.8 prime

C&C most welcome..

1. setting the scene...
5527365036_d9eae5fec1_z.jpg
[/url] Lush Moss by Rob Haines Photography, on Flickr[/IMG]

2. from afar..
5526773725_93554551b1_z.jpg
[/url] Lush Greens by Rob Haines Photography, on Flickr[/IMG]

3. Wall Drop..
5526774305_c8b5c26178_z.jpg
[/url] Wall Rubble... by Rob Haines Photography, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. In a rut....
5526774759_0889aed7ac_z.jpg
[/url] Berm... by Rob Haines Photography, on Flickr[/IMG]

cheers

bob :)

Nice shots, i like the moss in the first one.

How'd you find a 30mm for mtb, i am looking at getting the Canon 28mm f1.8 as a kind of wide option.

I find it really useful as I came from a 50mm on my old film slr.
I got it primarily for bouldering as its about the right length for standing on top of the average sized boulder, but it seems to work well with riding too and wide open its good with the english weather.
bob's got a 10-20 which he's been using plus longer lens's.

Cheers mate :)

not sure yet.... Loved the 30mm on johns nikon, worked well and its acracking lens. Loved the fact there is so little lens distorson for sticking together shots. So i picked up a canon 50mm f1.8 and not all that impeessed with it when i compare it against the 70-200 so it jusr lives in my bag and will be for sale soon! As for the 28mm canon, i believe they can be soft wide open but do a bit of research! I have a 10-20 sigma which is ace but i generally use at 10mm and its very sharp :) and of course the 70-200. Dont think i would personaly use a 28mm, for me i dont shoot wide open much f4 max as i seam to bin most wide open shots, i kick up the flashes if its too dark... All very personal tho and depends on money, size of you kit bag etc!

John sweares by the 30mm and is al he uses and gets cracking results :)

Sorry for typo's on the touch with fat figers!!

Bob :)

Cheers mate :)

not sure yet.... Loved the 30mm on johns nikon, worked well and its acracking lens. Loved the fact there is so little lens distorson for sticking together shots. So i picked up a canon 50mm f1.8 and not all that impeessed with it when i compare it against the 70-200 so it jusr lives in my bag and will be for sale soon! As for the 28mm canon, i believe they can be soft wide open but do a bit of research! I have a 10-20 sigma which is ace but i generally use at 10mm and its very sharp :) and of course the 70-200. Dont think i would personaly use a 28mm, for me i dont shoot wide open much f4 max as i seam to bin most wide open shots, i kick up the flashes if its too dark... All very personal tho and depends on money, size of you kit bag etc!

John sweares by the 30mm and is al he uses and gets cracking results :)

Sorry for typo's on the touch with fat figers!!

Bob :)

Yeh i wouldn't be using it wide open, i have the 50mm i like using it about 2.8 even with flashes.

I would like to get the Sigma or Canon 10-20/22mm but not to sure about the 4/5.6 side of it as i generally like to go a bit lower. That is why i thought of the 28mm as its got a low f stop n leaves room for a 10-20mm for in the future.

Hows the Sigma 10-20mm heard some copies can have problems with being a bit soft.

Yeh i wouldn't be using it wide open, i have the 50mm i like using it about 2.8 even with flashes.

I would like to get the Sigma or Canon 10-20/22mm but not to sure about the 4/5.6 side of it as i generally like to go a bit lower. That is why i thought of the 28mm as its got a low f stop n leaves room for a 10-20mm for in the future.

Hows the Sigma 10-20mm heard some copies can have problems with being a bit soft.

the early sigmas are a little hit and miss.... thankfully i could borrow the lens for a while and try it. i set up on a tripod and shot at all F.stops and shot a brick wall with lots of detial to compair... i was pleased with my copy so bought it! :) if you buy one most people will email over copies for you... not found the narrow apature a problem but deff better in good light, i tend to use slow shutter speeds with the 10-20 so gets enought light into the camera.. dont you have a 7D... crank the ISO up! :)

if you like shooting f2.8 how about a wide angle zoom like the 17 - 40 [not sure of the actual range] i used to have an olympus 14-54 f2.8 and it was a cracking lens which did me good in the alps as one lens...

the early sigmas are a little hit and miss.... thankfully i could borrow the lens for a while and try it. i set up on a tripod and shot at all F.stops and shot a brick wall with lots of detial to compair... i was pleased with my copy so bought it! :) if you buy one most people will email over copies for you... not found the narrow apature a problem but deff better in good light, i tend to use slow shutter speeds with the 10-20 so gets enought light into the camera.. dont you have a 7D... crank the ISO up! :)

if you like shooting f2.8 how about a wide angle zoom like the 17 - 40 [not sure of the actual range] i used to have an olympus 14-54 f2.8 and it was a cracking lens which did me good in the alps as one lens...

Yep 7D, but some places i go can be very dark. I may consider the sigma 10-20mm then, might try it out first in a shop n compare it to the 28mm, but the 1.8 draws me to it.

N yeh i was thinking the 17-40mm as it would cover a lot but again the f4 haunts me. Though it would be nice.

Really thinking the 28mm atm and then a 10-20mm in the future if i need it.

Decisions :thinking:

dont canon make a f2.8 17 - 40 ?? or sigma must make something similar?

i have limited my self now... my bag is full, if i want something new, something has to go 1st! :LOL:

Yeh the Canon 17-40 is f4, must be the sigma your thinking of.

N yeh i dont have much room left in my bag atm with 2 flashes n 2 lenses and i just got a grip n the camera only just fits in.

Back