Critique Autumn Colours on Leckhampton Hill, Cheltenham

Edit My Images
Yes
Having rediscovered this area the day before I decided to dust off my filters and return and take advantage of the colours before they disappeared for another year.
All images have been taken with a polarizer and a suitable graduated filter to tone down the highlights, there has been a few slight post capture adjustment of the levels in CaptureNX

Any constructive critique would be welcome

Woodland Path
by rbullingham, on Flickr

Devils Chimney

Natures Red Carpet

Natures Red Carpet

Thanks for looking

I like the colours and composition of No 2, but the rest don't do much for me.

Used to live up there and I have lots of pics as well, mind your one of the chimney is probably better than any of mine.

Very nice colours there, 1 and 3 have quite a bit of CA in the trees ... easily removed or even crop down to remove all traces of sky :)

Number 1 is my favourite, with a sense of the shape of the ground and natural progress through the image. 3 & 4 are just a bit too saturated for nature.

Thanks to you all for your comments they are appreciated, I have taken on board the saturation comments and on inspection I found that the camera was set to vivid in the picture settings and when reset to standard there was a marked difference (the beauty of RAW). I also had a play with the CA issues but CaptureNX didn't appear to make much difference.

Cheers

Rob

Number 2 is my favourite, I like the leading path which acts as a leading line pulling my eye into the rest of the image. You've managed to capture a lot of detail and colours coupled with a good composition. I think a little vignette would finish it off nicely.

Back