Autumn Lockdown in the Lakes

Edit My Images
No
Went out early doors in the cold around Holme Fell, Ivy Cragg & Yew tree tarn as its only a really small drive from where I live. Working from home can drive you mad.

The light for sunrise was just spectacular but I was completely lost for any kind of composition, I panicked and just enjoyed it instead and worried about the photography afterwards. I took a few snaps especially as I seen an amazing fog lingering in the distance around 7.30am.

_LPC0123-Edit by Leigh Cowie, on Flickr

_LPC0114-Edit by Leigh Cowie, on Flickr

_LPC0126 by Leigh Cowie, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last one has potentially but needs shadows lifting a bit or a much lower black point

For tonality and processing the middle shot for me, but reflections of the last are sweet
The tree I applied a little bit too much of a vignette I think probably crushed the blacks. I tried to isolate the tree completely not sure if it worked looking back on it.

Last for me as well, lovely comp.
That signature of yours though does kill the shot a bit (just imo)

Very nice, and I love a reflection but the pick here for me is the middle one.

All good but jings that first one is gorgeous.

Lovely set. The first is my pick, a tough call, but that little lone tree really makes it for me. It’s a cracking picture.
Thanks guys.

I must admit the first one is my favourite out of the bunch, I tried to get a kind of painterly feel from the edit. Glad you mentioned the small lonely tree in the reeds. It was what attracted me to the scene & wade out into the water to capture it surrounded by large colourful trees of autumn

1 is nice view and I like the light but not the fence posts and the vapour trails, maybe you could have moved slightly to your right to separate that tree from the ones in the background.
2 looks quite good but the watermark is very distracting - pulls your eyes down to the bottom right
3 looks pretty good too - maybe the portrait composition means it's slightly unbalanced but really like the tones. The patch of sky in the bottom left could be cloned out.

And don't worry about driving further if you want, you're able to do this for outdoor activities.

Back