Autumn Mirror

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I think my PP may be letting these shots down, I feel there must be a corker of an image given the right processing!

2935911222_1bfdf14903_o.jpg

2935928940_3dc14f33ba_o.jpg

2935083851_cb5fe0aa55_o.jpg

Any C & C appreciated :) Oh, and apologies for the SLOPE in one of them, will sort :D

Gary.

Last edited:
Nice set of images there gary... I think you are overly critical of yourself sometimes mate...

They look very nice indeed...

Nigel

Nice set of images there gary... I think you are overly critical of yourself sometimes mate...

They look very nice indeed...

Nigel

I dunno mate, think I have this unrealistic vision of the "perfect photo", and I always chase it and feel I NEVER get close!

Gary.

Gary,

These are stunning. Number 1 is my favourite, I think its becuase of the building, it really feels like I place I'd like to be.

How hard was it to deal with the light? I really struggle not to blow the sky or water or both when I shoot at a local lake by me. I am hoping my ND and ND grads will help. How were these shot?

Superb shots mate, and you certainly have got close to the perfect photo with these!

I'm very envious! Wish i could manage this quality!

Rob

Corker shots to me. Although the last one looks like its leaning left...

Gary,

These are stunning. Number 1 is my favourite, I think its becuase of the building, it really feels like I place I'd like to be.

How hard was it to deal with the light? I really struggle not to blow the sky or water or both when I shoot at a local lake by me. I am hoping my ND and ND grads will help. How were these shot?

Superb shots mate, and you certainly have got close to the perfect photo with these!

I'm very envious! Wish i could manage this quality!

Rob

Far to kind Rob!

With regards to controlling the light, I find it literally impossible in a single exposure (and no filters).

I am a bracket junky, so with a sturdy tripod, I take up to 10 exposures of a shot, depending on light, and then I blend exposures back on the PC.

Gary.

Gary from what I can see you have done the best with what you had + these kind of shots arnt the kind you can PP to heavily imo, just get the best colour you can out of them, like you have. The last is my fav. Think you should get yourself some filters and have a play. It will fit your 24-70 or do you use the 14-24 mainly for landscapes?

Last edited:
Gary from what I can see you have done the best with what you had + these kind of shots arnt the kind you can PP to heavily imo, just get the best colour you can out of them, like you have. The last is my fav. Think you should get yourself some filters and have a play. It will fit your 24-70 or do you use the 14-24 mainly for landscapes?

This was 24 to 70, I have a 10 stop on order (overkill? :D), and will order something more suitable, should I not want to wait 3 hours per exposure :LOL:

Gary.

Gary they look great, Im a novice but whatever you done it looks good, (y)

I meant an ND Grad filter:p

How do you find the 24-70?

Its my first pro lens on my list to get:love:(dream)

I meant an ND Grad filter:p

How do you find the 24-70?

Its my first pro lens on my list to get:love:(dream)

Stunning lens, it autofocuses so bloody fast, and seems tack sharp. I am now worried that my 14 to 24 will get much less use.

Gary.

Good to hear. It will be used on my D80 but I find I am often around the 24mm mark on my 18-70 lens anyway so should be plenty wide enough. Anyways...back on topic...lol

Gary...your taste and mine don't often seem to coincide, so you may not like either of these edits. I'll be glad to remove them if you're offended. I like your basic shots, and focused on number one for these versions. In both versions I cleaned up the moss/gunk in the water. In my first edit I tried to get the sky color closer to the color reflected in the water. In the second edit, I darkened the water and increased the contrast in the trees/shoreline. Just my poor thoughts, and maybe far off the mark.

GarysShot2.jpg

GarysShot3.jpg

Gary...your taste and mine don't often seem to coincide, so you may not like either of these edits. I'll be glad to remove them if you're offended. I like your basic shots, and focused on number one for these versions. In both versions I cleaned up the moss/gunk in the water. In my first edit I tried to get the sky color closer to the color reflected in the water. In the second edit, I darkened the water and increased the contrast in the trees/shoreline. Just my poor thoughts, and maybe far off the mark.

GarysShot2.jpg

GarysShot3.jpg

Thanks Hunter,

Like both your edits, and will have a play about with the files later to see if I can manage something similar.

Dunno what you mean about different tastes :D

Gary.

Thanks Hunter,

Like both your edits, and will have a play about with the files later to see if I can manage something similar.

Dunno what you mean about different tastes :D

Gary.

Oh...I tend to process things pretty heavily, and you seem more of a "naturalist." :) (Funny, because my photo business is "The Natural Camera." LOL) At any rate, you've got a good eye.

Oh...I tend to process things pretty heavily, and you seem more of a "naturalist." :) (Funny, because my photo business is "The Natural Camera." LOL) At any rate, you've got a good eye.

I'm all for heavy processing if it helps render what I seen as I remember it I guess :D

Then again, my night time long exposures are so far pushed, they appear alien to this world :D

Gary.

Look good to me mate, you've captured the Autumnal colours really well and the exposure is spot on. If the water had been just a tiny bit calmer (but you can't do much about that) it would have been perfect.

Andy

Back