Autumn so far in Glencoe

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick selection from last monday - for those who know me off the forum I'm still working on the France/Spain pictures from last month but here's last Mondays efforts.

Imagination nill but with the rainfall at least the waterfall has some movement in it.

_DSC3877 (1) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Torren Lochan - to be honest not so sure on this. I had hoped for more Autumn colour but the tree's just looked a bit withered to me. Still, it was nice and still and a good place just to chill.

_DSC3892 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

This was altogether better and probably should have spent the afternoon here rather than at Torren Lochan.

_DSC3912 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I like the middle one the best, never been very keen on milky waters!

They're a marmite thing. I have to admit I quite like them - but I am a sucker for long exposures like @Neil Burnell work etc

I only used a grad for the 1st shot - it was dull and gloomy and to avoid the long exposure time would have meant a bonkers high ISO which I can assure you isn't a good thing on a Nikon D810. The third I used a soft grad and the bottom part of a 2.5 hard to slow it down a bit. It was a nice still day so the trees, grasses didn't move at all.

All with the little Nikkor 20mm F1.8. Delightful little lens and would recommend highly to any Nikon user.

I like no 1 overall. It should sell with a certain type of customer.

2 really needs exposure boost. And ideally dirt in the lake dealt with.

3 - I would crop it personally to a vertical lower left side up to about where the white water ends and adjust sky amount to suit. I find the shadow is too heavy and dominant on the right. The beautiful part is the light on the mountains and the river leading up to it.

I like no 1 overall. It should sell with a certain type of customer.

2 really needs exposure boost. And ideally dirt in the lake dealt with.

3 - I would crop it personally to a vertical lower left side up to about where the white water ends and adjust sky amount to suit. I find the shadow is too heavy and dominant on the right. The beautiful part is the light on the mountains and the river leading up to it.

1 is the keeper. I am happy with how it went that morning - the sunrise was a non event though

Ill probably bin 2 - it could handle an exposure boost but it’s quite yucky in with the trees. They’re that very late summer way - no huge colour, just wilted and withered. Keeping that sky in check was crucial in the exposure.
3. Maybe but you’d lose the two trees on the right which I like. I’ve had better here and suspect I’d have been better at this spot all afternoon than at Torren.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but that first shot is a nice shot to record. You’ve got some really good stuff in glencoe, so it’s gotta be tough to keep improving on your current collection unless you get exceptional conditions. Nothing wrong with any of these at all though.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but that first shot is a nice shot to record. You’ve got some really good stuff in glencoe, so it’s gotta be tough to keep improving on your current collection unless you get exceptional conditions. Nothing wrong with any of these at all though.

I know what you mean - it was a nice wee day out in what is such a short season

Back