Aviva Premiership copyright

Name
Rogan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all pro rugby togs who have experience with the Aviva Premiership.

I've just stumbled across the website of another freelance tog who i've seen at a couple of Aviva Premiership games this season (nobody on here) and he has sets on there from every Premiership game he's covered, with no photo credits or anything. I'm assuming that this is not allowed? I thought that it is the agency or publication that have contracted the tog who, as an Aviva Premiership licensee, own the copyright to the images from games that tog attends on their behalf. That's certainly in my agency contract. A couple of the shots there (again uncredited) are ones I've even seen in print in a national paper.

Just wanted confirmation from someone in the know that this guy is not allowed these images on his personal website???? I don't wanna point him in the right direction if im wrong! (and i only care because i dont really like to see someone exploiting the rules when others cant do that for their own self publicity.... Im fighting for justice!!! :LOL:)

cheers guys

Yep - probably his own accreditation so he owns the copyright.

I'm not sure where the Aviva Premiership is on the use of their photos on websites and suchlike. Previously it has been fairly relaxed, certainly by comparison with their football counterparts.

Yep - probably his own accreditation so he owns the copyright.

I'm not sure where the Aviva Premiership is on the use of their photos on websites and suchlike. Previously it has been fairly relaxed, certainly by comparison with their football counterparts.

I'm fairly certain he works for an agency so he won't be accredited on his own. I'm not planning to 'grass' him up (he's a young tog like me and that wouldn't help anyone!) but am genuinely interested on what the rules are with the Aviva prem, because if you can post shots from games on a personal website i want to aswell!

I think the photos can be used for editorial purposes under the given accreditation, but it'd be down to the agency involved if they'd allow him to post any on his personal website.

Back