Avro Vulcan, A different view

TCR4x4

Wishes he had a couple more Inches
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
We've all seen the great exterior of the Vulcan, now lets see what one looks like inside.... And not a messed about with, updated for latest flying regs one either.. The real deal, as it was in the 70's/80's.

1.)

The Pilot and co pilot, fatty's need not apply.

Vulcan Cockpit by TCR4x4, on Flickr

2.) In the back

The back seats by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

3.) Bombs away

Bomb aimer by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

I was admiring these on flickr last night, great shots Tom, never thought about taking the cockpit shot through the rungs - me like a donut was trying to balance on my knees when I had a go! I take it this is XM629?

Great shots, but I can't see the bombs away button.
Without wanting to hijack Tom's thread here is a shot of it out of its holster on another Vulcan;

Vulcan B.2 XL360 Radar Nav by cw318is, on Flickr

Considering it was designed to drop nuclear weopons I thought it was a bit of an anticlimatic release pipper!

I was admiring these on flickr last night, great shots Tom, never thought about taking the cockpit shot through the rungs - me like a donut was trying to balance on my knees when I had a go! I take it this is XM629?

Considering it was designed to drop nuclear weopons I thought it was a bit of an anticlimatic release pipper!

Its XM569 cockpit section, on long term loan to the Jetage Museum in Gloucester.

If you look closely, there is a plug just to left of the bomb release which says NBC simulator.. I presume this lit up the cockpit with bright white light and shook the plane about a bit. :LOL: :bonk:

Back