Avro Vulcan - English Lake District.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if our decision was brave or stupid given the weather, nay mind while the other togs went high, me and my mate went low, onto the Lake in fact and pitched ourselves about bang on the Flight line on an island !

Not processed many but reasonably happy, to be honest just being there was a honour, what a sight to behold !

6t9q1952.jpg

It certainly doesn't tick all the boxes for an airshow shot, colour cast, bad atmospherics, horizon on the 50% line and a tiny aircraft

...but...

I think its (y)GREAT(y) a real sense of "The best is yet to come" from this image, the exhaust blur extends into the background giving the vulcan a real sense of presence, this would make a good publicity shot with plenty of space for straplines etc.

Last edited:
It certainly doesn't tick all the boxes for an airsho shot, colour cast, bad atmospherics, horizon on the 50% line and a tiny aircraft

...but...

I think its (y)GREAT(y) a real sense of "The best is yet to come" from this image, the exhaust blur extends into the background giving the vulcan a real sense of presence, this would make a good publicity shot with plenty of space for straplines etc.

Yeah, I guess an airshow is an airshow but when it is held above Lake Windermere we tried to think a little, I am gutted at seeing Neil's shots I would have so loved to have been up there BUT I loved where we went - it was also a bit of an adventure, coaxing a 1972 2 stroke outboard 8 miles back down the Lake, haha !

Haha, nice one Neil, I have to say I was very concious about going for a pee on that Island knowing there was some big glass looking down on me !

Not to offend mate but it's unlikely they would be able to see it from up there ;)

Cracking shots from a very different angle.

Love the rib shot, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near water with my kit! Bit of a pansy :p

Not to offend mate but it's unlikely they would be able to see it from up there ;)

Cracking shots from a very different angle.

Love the rib shot, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near water with my kit! Bit of a pansy :p

Yeah there was alot of monies worth of kit in that rib - 2 x 1 series bodies, 2 x 70-2002.8is's + a 100-400 we left the rest at the car !

Yeah there was alot of monies worth of kit in that rib - 2 x 1 series bodies, 2 x 70-2002.8is's + a 100-400 we left the rest at the car !

lunatic , i thought you were on a cabin cruiser with a few beers , not an effing dinghy :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You can imagine if it started taking on water...

You would just see heads above the water line with arms holding up the gear whilst trying to frantically tread water...

Back