Ayrton Senna - Photoshop work

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Im not sure if this is the place for this but its motorsport and image related so i guess this is it. A bit of background, this took me more than 100 hours to complete at A1 size, 300 dpi, using a digital tablet. I guess its an example of what photoshop can be used for.

3533624824_8b4b5f8542_o.png

heres a step by step of the creation process (used to be backed by fleetwoodmac but rights management kicked in so ull need to imagine it lol)
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuQyKLTZUw8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuQyKLTZUw8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Im interested to hear what you guys think

WOW!!
Thats truely superb work and dedication, bet that could be worth alot !

Cheers,

I think thats stunning. Cant even imagine the amount of work going into it.

Bet your chuffed with it, get it on canvas and hung on your wall.

Abolsutely amazing. Well done.

Some amount of effort but it's definitely worth every second of it

Stunning mate. Great talent you have.

What a fantastic artwork for a truly remarkable legend in motorsport this is a fitting tribute to the worlds greatest F1 racer and my personal favorite Ayrton Senna R.I.P

I even think in this case the full watermark really is needed

Last edited:
WOW!:eek::love:

thats amazing, no other words to describe it!!

Paul

Awesome :clap:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Wonderful work!!!!! You are so talented!!!!

He was a legend(y) xxx

Wow...well I had no idea I was going to get responses like that, a massive thank you to each and everyone of you who had the time to comment.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to recieve some positive recognition of somthing that took so long to produce...many many thanks.

Really appreciate it

Jonathan

OMG that is absolutely incredible. You my friend are a genius. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What do you intend to do with it?

OMG that is absolutely incredible. You my friend are a genius. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What do you intend to do with it?

Well id skipped a few of my friends birthdays.. with the promise that I was doing this for him (I slacked off and did it last year) ...I gave him a framed copy and thats it....now its just a page in my portfolio, I dont think I can sell it due to F1 rights and obviously its based on others photo reference so yea...its a nice picture thats it...

And thanks for the feedback much appreciated...I do comisions for food...:D

WOW I am lost for words, that is absolutely stunning

RIP Senna

Thats a totally awesome piece of work.

Id be having a chat with Williams to see if they wanted a copy - who knows
what they may offer in return to make it even more worthwhile.

Last edited:
Shall we take it F1 is not your chosen subject?

No its not lol & my mate rabbiting the other day about Ferrari pulling out
of F1 confused me for a moment :wacky:

WOW, absolutely incredible, i like to have a play about in photoshop with vectoring images, but that is just truely outstanding.

give yourself a massive pat on the back.....(y)(y)(y)

very nice, shame about no being able to sell, i know atleast 4 f1 nuts that would pay for a large canvas of that image.

Just to echo what everyone else has said - awesome work and amazing talent, you should definitely look in to selling this though.

Wow the aprreciation keeps flowing.... really really thank you to everyone, I really wasnt expecting this many responses (a second page, thats a first 4 me). It gives me a lot of satisfaction that what I do as a hobby can generate such positive feedback.

I think the subject matter is the major factor however rather than talent, any motorsport fan is aware of the legend that is Ayrton Senna and he continues to have a massive effect on people (my self included).

I would also like to say, in fairness there are a great many digital artists out there who by far out perform my limited skills. I would like to suggest people look up Nico Di Mattia on youtube to see where I got inspired to have a go at this. There are some truly astonishing works out there, that put me to shame.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssOJQXdwmrI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssOJQXdwmrI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE] (Nico Di Mattia)

P.s the photo reference for this image was of Ayrton preparing for the Japaneese Grand prix in 1989 (If you know your formula one, ull recognise this as a pivitol race in his carrear) and yes hes driving the Mclaren. (I've never actually been able to find out who took the original photo and ive trawled through the sutton and LAT archives, I wouldnt feel right selling this without the photographers consent as I wouldnt have been able to do it at all without that photograph). I am slowly trying to get the skills to obtain my own photographs to base this kind of work on (some of you might recognise some of my other recent posts in the motorsport section).

Thank you all again so much for the support... I think Jenson Button might be the subject of my next 4 month endevor, I think the story of Brawn GP will last a long time in the sports History. Ive just gotta get a decent photo at this years Grand prix...(lol spare a thought for me behind the fence).

Cheers to everyone who took the time to comment :D i dont think i can say thank you again without laying on too thick :)

Jonathan

Last edited:
Thats just WOW! I've the artistic talent of a cluster of colour-blind hedgehogs... in a bag, so can just imagine the amount of skill it takes to do something like that.

I'm sure there has to be a way of commercially exploiting that image?

Last edited:
to me thats one of the most stunning shots ive ever seen of aryton senna! And im a F1 fan and unfortunely i witness his death but that picture definately stirred my emotions and that to me is what photography is all about, pure memories!

brilliant, say no more!

Back