Azura leaving Southampton on maiden voyage.

Some cracking shots and she looks a beast. I like #4 as my favourite out of the set

Love the pictures :clap:

I wanted to get down there, but didn't have time in the end ;(

Nice set of shots but she is an ugly looking beast with none of the grace of the Queens from years gone by ,I am holidaying in Lee On Solent this sunmmer and any advice as to where to get the best shots of the cruise liners would be appreciated

Oh nice, I was watching her in dock on Friday but had to miss the send-off.

Like all modern vessels, she will be very efficient at what she is designed to do, but agree with Captain Penguine - where is the grace, the sheer, the flare the look that says "good sea keeping properties"? I know i am "out of time", but this is not a ship - just a floating block of flats.
Photographically, 4 and 6 for me.

Thanks a lot for the comments .. she was quite sight. (y)

Love the pictures :clap:

I wanted to get down there, but didn't have time in the end ;(

It was your initial post in the general section that made me go down there, I knew nothing of it before.

I am holidaying in Lee On Solent this sunmmer and any advice as to where to get the best shots of the cruise liners would be appreciated

I think Hythe marina or Calshot would be your best bet.

So the captain can see which direction to go in.

Take it thats a joke, as astrix said its a salute.

tugs will do it if its a ships maiden voyage, its final voyage or any other reason they see fit. of cause the real reason for the tugs water jets is fire fighting.

Great shots btw

Nice set of shots but she is an ugly looking beast with none of the grace of the Queens from years gone by ,I am holidaying in Lee On Solent this sunmmer and any advice as to where to get the best shots of the cruise liners would be appreciated

You can also get some great shots if you nip over to the IOW on one of the Red Jets. Pick an evening when there are several liners leaving and have a picnic on the beach at the same time (y)

You can see them coming out of Southampton water, before heading out past the Island to sea. You also get a lot of smaller boats around Cowes anyway so plenty to photograph.

Back