Lee
Edit My Images
No
as ever your feedback is greatly appreciated

SampLPhotography-4_zps24bfcdf6.jpg

SampLPhotography-2_zpsfe121131.jpg

SampLPhotography-12_zpse3562bdc.jpg

SampLPhotography-29_zps83cf33e5.jpg

Your lighting is really poor on these. The face are in shadow in most, or have very long shadows raking across them from above. That last one is lit from below, and is incredibly unflattering.

No offence, but stop worrying about black and white converting. Start doing some research on lighting techniques.

No offence taken that why am here to get some advice from the experts..cheers

Last edited:
Lee, I'm no expert but personally I like the compositions and ideas but I can see what's being said about the lighting. Good efforts though! (y)

Hello Lee... Nice family (presuming it is your family)

The lighting is not right as you already know but the actual shots themselves have a lot of potential.. I always used to light from the sides and use reflectors to place the fill exactly where you want it. I have even shot with a single light to the side leaving half the face in shadows. It does work, they both work, at the moment yours are somewhere in the middle.

I like your B&W, I shoot a lot of B&W. Best advice is keep at it, keep experimenting, rules can be broken, you will never please everyone. keep those in your mind when you shoot and have fun..

i personally like these they are a little dark but the baby is all my eyes focus on and the cutness out weighs the little bit of lighting. all i bare in mind is that i cant please everyone and a photo that someone might hate will be a masterpiece to someone else :) theres no wrong or right with it just have fun :D

cheers for the replies guys, mixed feedback but I would agree with you Nicole not everyone is going to like a picture, if we did the world would be a strange place to live.

Will keep at it and enjoy Thanks

i personally like these they are a little dark but the baby is all my eyes focus on and the cutness out weighs the little bit of lighting. all i bare in mind is that i cant please everyone and a photo that someone might hate will be a masterpiece to someone else :) theres no wrong or right with it just have fun :D

It's crit like this that makes this place utterly useless sometimes.

Back