B&W Dog

Edit My Images
Yes
C&C appreciated :)

charfacesmall.jpg

charlie.jpg

char-floor.jpg

Merlin

Nice little series... I see you tired the model out with you pose requests.. have you tried adding a touch more contrast, (Saying that I am on my work machine which does not have calibrated monitor so they may be just fine...)

Nigel

Thanks. I'll have another look at them later on the other monitor, they look at little too contrasty on this one.

Thanks. I'll have another look at them later on the other monitor, they look at little too contrasty on this one.

Merlin

I could be my monitor as I mentioned I am on my work machine... I would wait till a few more member comment.

Regards

Nigel.

They look great from here Merlin & are very nicely captured. It does look like you have your midtones set to a bit more neutral than normal & that gives a softer monotone image but I definitely think it works in this case - the whites look pretty much spot on & would start to lose detail if more contrast was added imho.

Very nice shots of a cute dog (y)

Aw:love:, you have captured such a sweet adorable expression in the first one, which is the one I like most.

Brilliant! Loving the first one because the focus is on the eyes and loving the second one because its not very often you see a Springer still!!!

great set. first is the best, but the last made me laugh

Loving the dog... but the out of focus nose puts me off in every one Im afraid. :|

Thanks all :) My first real atttempt with B&W so wasn't sure about them.

Point noted about the nose not being in focus. It was intentional but planned on a little more DOF, I screwed up in other words ;)

Merlin

Just got home and had another look.... Ignore my first post they are fine... I think it is time to start nagging at IT and see if I can get a new monitor,

Cheers

Nigel

These are lovely!

Thanks again for the kind comments :)

Can I have your opinions again on the first one with different processing? Tried to keep more detail this time.

charface-edit.jpg

Back