B+W Duck

Name
Charmaine
Edit My Images
No
I saw a B+W conversion of a peking duck in the camera club the other day. It had been entered for a competition and the judge ripped into it totally. In his opinion B+W with colorful birds like that dont work. But I really liked it as the eyes were actually drawn to the duck and not just got dazzled by all the color.
Ok.. this is only a common mallard duck and female to boost (they are really plain ducks anyways), but in my opinin the conversion works. xx

BW-duck.jpg

B&W conversion works with most things for me, but that is only my opinion, as the judges was his opinion. Do what you like, they are your photos......(y)

Oops forgot, the duck looks fine in B&W.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The duck seems to just merge into the water. Obviously I haven't seen the one the judge commented on, but if this one is anything to go by, I'm inclined to agree with him. I'm not saying that these bird should never be converted to B & W, but definitely not with this background.

Maybe it might be a little better if the duck was facing more towards the camera, but I doubt I'd be convinced. Sorry to bne such a downer, but it is just my personal opinion.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The duck seems to just merge into the water. Obviously I haven't seen the one the judge commented on, but if this one is anything to go by, I'm inclined to agree with him. I'm not saying that these bird should never be converted to B & W, but definitely not with this background.

Maybe it might be a little better if the duck was facing more towards the camera, but I doubt I'd be convinced. Sorry to bne such a downer, but it is just my personal opinion.

All comments welcome.. good and bad.. and its all down to personal taste. Good that we dont all have the same taste otherwise life would be really boring. xxx:wave:

Back