B&W film - which & where?

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I am just about to get a 35mm Rangefinder and was wondering where is the bset place to buy B&W film and can you suggest which type?

As you can tell, I've never shot film apart from the odd holiday snap 20 odd years ago!

Your best bet if your just starting out is proably Fuji Neopan 400 CN as your local super market will be able to develop it using the colour machines. 7 day shop is cheap.

For walk-in and buy, Jessops keep some Ilford b/w's, HP5, FP4 125, get a couple of different speeds, some 125 and 400

Your best bet if your just starting out is proably Fuji Neopan 400 CN as your local super market will be able to develop it using the colour machines. 7 day shop is cheap.

Bought some from 7dayshop, ran it through my old camera to check it still worked. Took film to Asda where they developed, printed to 6x4s and put onto CD for under a fiver. The CD images aren't the highest resolution at under a Mb each but are useful for posting on here. The prints came out pure B&W, no colour casts at all. The CD scans do have a slight colour cast, some worse than others and some scans only feature it on part of the image.

Asda only charge 97p total to scan up to 200 images to CD whilst you have the film developed/printed, so i guess you can't complain.

Back