Critique B&W - Headstones

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Still in B&W conversion mode - this time from Nottingham Cemetery

4417-1398801686-d5343ccb9249e5a8d4fd8c38fd922847.jpg

Not quite sure why anyone would want a face like that on a headstone - maybe it was a good likeness before the days of photography:)

Constructive comments and criticism invited

Face? I'm seeing some plants coming out of a pot (although I can see your face)

The image as a whole doesn't do much for me. Your main headstone isn't particularly interesting and gets lost with the one behind and right of it. The foreground headstone doesn't seem in keeping with the others eithe which just doesn't tie in for me

Sorry to be so negative

Thanks for commenting.

You're right - I saw it as a gargoyle type face but can see now that it isn't - ah well - you can't win them all.

I'd delete as there is no point to the image now but I always find it very frustrating when others delete pictures so I will leave it in.

I should say that despite not producing brilliantly composed B&W images at the moment the practice at conversion is working and I am finding it easier to do - just need to get some decent images now:)

Edit - I just wanted to emphasise how much I appreciate you telling me I have not got it right - I know that in trying to learn a new technique I am forgetting the basics like composition and cropping + the whole purpose of the image I am trying to create - just keep giving honest feedback and you can't go far wrong.

Last edited:
Back