B&W - Is it OK to convert from colour

It's fine. :)

yes it is,as I've seen too many people setting their camera's to BW ending up with grayscale images,and calling them BW...With no tonal value within the image.

Only if they are as good as your image;):D

But shoot it in RAW, then you have the best effort that will convert to B&W better.

For digital unless you shoot jpeg (not advised for mono) or use a mono camera and the Leica M is expensive and needs you yo understand shooting mono in camera and the use filters to get the best results for landscapes as in using yellow red and green filters then colour is the only way.

How do you process your mono images?

Good morning @alfbranch , sorry for the late reply. I have never thought about doing mono until I looked at this image and wasn't happy with the colour version, so in answer to your question......I don't know as this is the first one I have tried.

Simon
Here is a version by me from your mono version

Though having seen the colour version on your Flickr I reckon some PP and that would be great in colour too

Not my shot 2020 10 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I often drop the colour out of jpegs if it suits me. Do whatever makes the picture you want.

It is possible also reverse. In one session I have shoot mono, because I was not satisfied how camera has rendered colors. But I have also saved RAW.

Later I have some RAW pictures converted to color.

Very nice and so is the colour version on Flickr. That’s really very good.

Back