B&W picture

Its lovely. The only thing and I'm not sure if its my monitor but overall it looks a bit dark if it is my monitor then I apologise as its a very textured picture that works quite well

I agree with Boo - it's a lovely shot, but it lacks a bit of sparkle. Have a play with the levels. :)

Also try the Unsharp mask at about 40-50%, radius 25 pixels, threshold 0, then pull that Levels centre slider to the left , to make your photo really pop :)

I'm seeing some really strong halos around the bushes in the foreground. Unsettling for a good photo. Too much sharpening?

Personally I liked the first one and on my TFT screen it didn't look too dark and also reminded me of a Christmas card.

Carl.

Here's a version with Grad effect to sky....you lose the imposing clouds though.

wildfowlpark2.jpg

SammyC said:
I'm seeing some really strong halos around the bushes in the foreground. Unsettling for a good photo. Too much sharpening?

To get around this, duplicate layer before sharpening. Sharpen top layer & then use mask to run along halo line to bring back original shot. Works most times, otherwise other option is to burn highlights back on halo.

Back