B&W Portraits With the 24mm.

Name
Scott Clout
Edit My Images
Yes
So I recently got my grubby mitts on a Canon EF 24mm f./2.8 (corking lens imho)
& i randomly called up a friend for coffee, of course my camera being at my hip at ALL times. (The amount of times I've said to myself "GOD! I wish i had my flippin' camera" is unaccountable)
We then decided to partake of a little 'spontaneous shoot' on the top level of a carpark nearby, away from the scorning eyes of the public.

I was pretty pleased with these shots, especially as i've always favoured my f/1.4 as my flagship lens for shooting people.

C&C definately welcome.

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6893.jpg

Oh & in other news, is anyone aware of the impending judgement day tomorrow? I was thinking of hunting around for any devout christians who have expensive camera gear, wait for them to ascend to heaven & do a bit of looting. If anyone needs any new gear, i'd recommend the same!

Last edited:
Really strong shots, very well converted.

Althought some might disagree with me, I think the crop really works on the second shot, even though fingers and knee have gone missing.

Dan

1st is may fav
Oh & in other news, is anyone aware of the impending judgement day tomorrow? I was thinking of hunting around for any devout christians who have expensive camera gear, wait for them to ascend to heaven & do a bit of looting. If anyone needs any new gear, i'd recommend the same!:LOL:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
1st shot very good best of the 3

Thanks alot guys :) I really appreciate it.
I did have second thoughts of the crop on the 2nd shot, but if I hadn't cropped, there would've been distracting elements to the shot, (like there was a parked car in the top left & some distracting messy pavement in the foreground)
I was going to opt for cloning/content aware removal, but instead I chose a tighter crop as it would've made the shot look far too open.

1st shot for me, cracking. Number two is good, could do with a bit of tidying up, clone a few things out. I quite like number 3 too. Nice work man, sweet.

2r433n5.jpg

Gave the 2nd shot a quick clone-over. Seems much better, thanks for pointing out guys :)

Nice shots
have always favoured black and white over colour for some reason
No1 is my fave but like the rework too

R33SY

Superb, didn't think you get these results with a 24mm! Must experiment!

Thanks alot guys :)
I'd seriously recommend some shallow DOF wide angle portraits!

Oh & to commemorate this day of Rapture, I decided to photograph my ascendency into heaven.

24qttzd.jpg

Back