B&W Quiraing - Isle of Skye

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just revisited this image after converting it to B&W last week and added a little more contrast.
What do people think, does it work as a B&W and the contrast look ok or should I tweek a little more?

XjsmC.jpg

Oooh, that's a nice one. The light on the slope is lovely. I would think there are many decent treatments possible based on such a good original. There is room for even more contrast on the land and I would think you could get an even moodier looking sky.

Have you tried combining the colour original with the B&W using luminosity blending (and low opacity on the B&W layer)? I really liked the way it worked on some of my recent landscapes. Not realistic, but lots of impact.

I think it looks a little overworked to be honest, with some visible artefacts/fringing i.e. round the hill centre right. It works a B&W - nice and dramatic, but I'd suggest tweaking down the contrast.

I had a haloing problem in a B&W conversion. A friend recommended duplicating the layer, adding a dose of gaussian blur and painting though the blurred layer on a mask. Worked a treat, even for a Photoshop newb like me.

Thanks for the comments everyone they are very helpful in making me look again at the image.
I noticed the slight halo when I posted the image on here why I didn't notice it earlier I have no idea!, it was easily cured though with a bit of cloning.

I love the drama in the shot

I've just revisited this image after converting it to B&W last week and added a little more contrast.
What do people think, does it work as a B&W and the contrast look ok or should I tweek a little more?

XjsmC.jpg

Beautiful image! I just love the tonality of it. Leave it just as it is. (y)

Back