No
Duxford 2006 again...

B17_pink_lady_1.jpg

B17_pink_lady_3.jpg

B17_SallyB_4.jpg

B17_SallyB_5.jpg

B17_pink_lady_4.jpg

I read the title as 'Flying Matress' :D

Awesome plane and very nice shots. The first three are particularly good. I remember way back when I were a lad, I made and painted a model one of these with my Grandad.

I read the title as 'Flying Matress' :D

Awesome plane and very nice shots. The first three are particularly good. I remember way back when I were a lad, I made and painted a model one of these with my Grandad.

danza - that must have been uncomfortable for your grandad :LOL:
-Oy- great set again (y)
Paul aka Bobby D ;)

Oy any Spits?

:D

lovely plane and for me the third is the pick of the bunch :)

Great shots there. my fav is the 3rd. those pics are enough to make me want to go out and shoot some for myself (y) (y)

Very nice :)

I have vague memories of an Airfix kit of one of these - more years ago than I care to think about :)

Another nice set.

I was lucky enough to have a tour round the inside of that plane a couple of years ago. For such a large aircraft the space inside is tiny......especially if your the tail gunner :eek:

Fantastic shots (y)

This has to be my most favourite of the wartime bombers (Lanc aside of course) The Sally B I do believe, I have always had a special thing for this plane.

Your photos have captured her great, love the first one.

She sometimes flies over here in the summer, from Duxford, off to other shows and you can hear it in the distance and just know what is approaching, very distinctive sound that gives a goose pimply moment :)

Just noticed that it is not only Sally B, doh! I'll wake up in a mo hehe

Just noticed that it is not only Sally B, doh! I'll wake up in a mo hehe

look again ;)

shots 3 and 4 are Sally :)

The others are of the Pink Lady, she's based in france and as far as i know is the only other european flying B-17

Yep, I realised that, that's why i said not ONLY, lol :p

Thanks for the info on the other one. :)

A few more...

B17_pink_lady_2.jpg

B17_SallyB_1.jpg

B17_SallyB_3.jpg

B17_SallyB_6.jpg

some more fine images there m8

Did you get to see the 17's fly together?
that'd be a sight :)

They were in the air at the same time but alas not close enough to frame a shot with both in.

Thats a pitty :(

That would have been a classy image and one thats unlikely to be seen outside of the united states.

Nice Shots Oy. Don't know how long those two will keep flying. Keep em coming.

Back