Babby Sparra.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
As they not so engagingly say around here. :D

OY8N7277-01.jpg

And a Dunnock, Sparrow, Accentor thingy...

OY8N7299-01.jpg

im not sure what your doin mate but if it helps :cautious:
keep doin it.. that first one is very very good. i can not quite put my finger on what it is . but it just pops out of the screen .its very clear and detailed and the colours are spot on

very very well done mate imo:clap:

LOL. Thanks mate. I'll try to keep doing it but I have my bad days like everyone else. 700mm bokeh helps with the pop out effect. ;)

Agree with Dave about number 1 its almost like you could touch the screen and feel the feathers . Fantastic work CT :clap:

Thank you. Similar effect in this one.

OY8N7278-01.jpg

:clap:
Very nice!

aye, they're good :D Do I see a dust bunny in that second one though, middle top :nono: ;)

Damn... you do! :puke:

I think I need to clean my screen. :D

Excellent CT.

A question.... You've said that you use servo focus in the past, do you also spot meter, and do you use the central focussing spot as well??

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Stunning imo!:clap:

All three are great shots, but number 1 is my fav, sooo sharp and really works well with the shallow dof - great work CT! (y)

Excellent CT.

A question.... You've said that you use servo focus in the past, do you also spot meter, and do you use the central focussing spot as well??

Doug. Yes -I almost always use Servo AF.

Yes - I almost always use the centre AF spot. Sometimes I've no choice as in when using a converter, as then the centre AF point is the only option. Much as I'd like to use the other AF points sometimes when I can, (no converter) in practice it's well nigh impossible as the birds are never still long enough, and you seem to spend more time changing the AF point than tracking the bird. The 500mm has focus lock buttons which enable you to AF with the centre spot, even in servo mode, but then recompose, when I can remember to use them and when there's time to still get the shot. ;)

The spot metering is more tricky. Yes I do use it, but not all the time. Sometimes it can cause real problems in very contrasty conditions, in that you get the exposure on the bird right but if the background is very bright, spot metering just serves to blow out the background even more, so sometimes I find I'm better off using evaluative or average metering for a happy medium and doing the best job I can in RAW processing.

These shots were spot metered but as you can see there isn't too big a disparity between the birds and the background. If the birds were more in shadow, then you can see it may well have caused problems with the background.

Not a satisfactory answer really I suppose - I suck it and see on the day. :shrug:

:notworthy: fabulous as always CT! (y) x x x

Doug. Yes -I almost always use Servo AF.

Yes - I almost always use the centre AF spot. Sometimes I've no choice as in when using a converter, as then the centre AF point is the only option. Much as I'd like to use the other AF points sometimes when I can, (no converter) in practice it's well nigh impossible as the birds are never still long enough, and you seem to spend more time changing the AF point than tracking the bird. The 500mm has focus lock buttons which enable you to AF with the centre spot, even in servo mode, but then recompose, when I can remember to use them and when there's time to still get the shot. ;)

The spot metering is more tricky. Yes I do use it, but not all the time. Sometimes it can cause real problems in very contrasty conditions, in that you get the exposure on the bird right but if the background is very bright, spot metering just serves to blow out the background even more, so sometimes I find I'm better off using evaluative or average metering for a happy medium and doing the best job I can in RAW processing.

These shots were spot metered but as you can see there isn't too big a disparity between the birds and the background. If the birds were more in shadow, then you can see it may well have caused problems with the background.

Not a satisfactory answer really I suppose - I suck it and see on the day. :shrug:

I beg to differ CT, your answers are always more than satisfactory - just like your images.

The thing I didn't explain very well last night Doug after a session on the JD is that being as the spot reading and the single AF point are in the same place, it means focusing and spot reading are always done from the birds head. Great Tits are a particular problem if the reading happens to hit either the white or black head areas when it can result in extreme light or dark exposures. I know what I mean anyway. :LOL:

Back