Critique Baby portrait

Name
Mani
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

This was my second attempt at a baby portrait. I had posted on the forum for some advice and thought it best to stick the pictures on here after having taken on the advice. Set up was in the loft.

It did get very hot, baby was up and down, it was challenging to say the least.

Lots of pics taken but only a few worth posting in my opinion.

Any advice and critique is welcome.

Thank you.

IMG_7904.JPG

20170226-IMG_0016-Edit.jpg

20170226-IMG_0037.jpg

20170226-IMG_0038.jpg

20170226-IMG_0062.jpg

Hiya.

Don't feel qualified to crit. I have tried to take images of my Neices baby before now and yes it gets hot and is way harder than one would think.
For me the last one as the cute factor for sure.

Unfortunatly if you are like me you are judging your efforts by what you see online which is fine as we need to aim high, the down side is you can feel so negative if they don't come out close to what youve seen.

These all look good to me and not seeing your first post I assume you are moving in the right direction :)

Gaz

No advice and no critique. I am split between 3 and 4. I like the exposure and pose of 3 but prefer the folded foot of 4. Are you any the wiser now? :)

No advice and no critique. I am split between 3 and 4. I like the exposure and pose of 3 but prefer the folded foot of 4. Are you any the wiser now? :)

Yes, a little wiser, although I only take pictures of the babies in the family and only when asked to, so the pressure is on a little to deliver and I don't really have much time to practice.

Hopefully a few more babies and I should be a little better. [emoji51]

Thank you for the comments.

Very cute, but the processing in the last one looks a bit odd - like you've turned the clarity down too far, maybe?

Thanks Juggler, you're right, I used the Lightroom preset to soften skin and the clarity is right down.

I never seem to get the clarity or saturation right, normally the kids look yellow in my pictures.

Can't see a baby in the first shot;)

They look fine to me - more importantly do the parents like them?

Well.. I only touch either when I'm after a particular effect, and tend to do it locally. Have you calibrated your monitor?

No, I'm using a MacBook pro and have never thought to calibrate the monitor. I'll search YouTube and have a go. Thanks.

Back