Baby Robins or should I say Baby Dunnocks

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Had spotted at least 3 baby robins in the garden yesterday so decided to have an hour trying to get some shots of these cuties was a little trickier than I thought it would be as they didn t like coming out in the open to much for obvious reasons but I managed to get a few

baby_robin_6.JPG

baby_robin_4.JPG

baby_robin_2.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Kaz,

superb shots, you seem to be getting the hang of that 50 now, no?

I suspect these aren't large crops which I think makes all the difference with the 50D.

Well done.

Mike.

Super sharp shots karen and nice detail i like the pose in #2 was this the 400 or 300?

Wow, you are so lucky!! Nice sharp shots and nicely framed. Roughly what sort of focal lengths were used on what kit?

Wow! :clap:

Cracking shots of baby Dunnocks though Kaz. :D

You're really got to grips with that 50D though gal!

Ickle baby wobin Kaz...

3600807905_03a16c8741_o.jpg

Last edited:
:agree: and :agree: sadly they arnt wobbins, but hey with shots like that who cares

:agree: and :agree: sadly they arnt wobbins, but hey with shots like that who cares

Oh well baby robins baby dunnucks they look very similar i ll blame the hubby he said they were robins he can t stop laughing now:LOL: so I will have to wait for the baby robins as i know mom is still feeding them actually feel quite chuffed now that they are dunnucks:LOL: and we call ourselves birdwatchers:LOL:

It's a wise bird that knows its own father eh?....lovely shots though Karen.

Bob

Lovely shots! (y)

You brought me here under false pretenses :(:(
Nice shots though Kaz (y)
I got about 3 baby Robins in the garden now but they are just a little bashfull at the moment, I think mum is sitting on another clutch as she only pops down to my hand once in the morning and once in the evening for worms, and just eats them herself before shooting off again. Keep us posted though Kaz :)

You brought me here under false pretenses :(:(
Nice shots though Kaz (y)
I got about 3 baby Robins in the garden now but they are just a little bashfull at the moment, I think mum is sitting on another clutch as she only pops down to my hand once in the morning and once in the evening for worms, and just eats them herself before shooting off again. Keep us posted though Kaz :)

sorry Rich:LOL:think i got a bit mixed up on my babies:bonk:

blimey those are superb, god i got a long way to go with my shots

Kaz I always had Mr Kaz down as an expert regarding bird ID :D

Nice shots of the little brown fluffy things (y)

Robins, dunnocks..........................easily confusable at that age I think!!

.......but brilliant photos anyway:clap::clap:

That first one is really lovely Kaz :clap: Glad not too many more comments were posted before CT set the record straight :LOL:

Lovely shots, great colour and detail, love the last picture :)

thank you very much

blimey those are superb, god i got a long way to go with my shots

thanks very much for that comment

Superb shots of what ever they are Kaz(y)

cheers Alby

Kaz I always had Mr Kaz down as an expert regarding bird ID :D

Nice shots of the little brown fluffy things (y)

He is normally good on ID bless him think we had had a drop to much wine:LOL:

Robins, dunnocks..........................easily confusable at that age I think!!

.......but brilliant photos anyway:clap::clap:

thanks a lot Keith

That first one is really lovely Kaz :clap: Glad not too many more comments were posted before CT set the record straight :LOL:

thanks Jo and we can always reley on CT to put us right:)

Lovely shots Karen (y) they are similar, and I keep taking shots thinking I've caught another young robin only to find it was a baby dunnock.
The last robin disappeared. I think it was either the neighbours cats or a sparrow hawk I saw visiting that took it. I'm hoping they have another clutch.

Lovely shots Karen (y) they are similar, and I keep taking shots thinking I've caught another young robin only to find it was a baby dunnock.
The last robin disappeared. I think it was either the neighbours cats or a sparrow hawk I saw visiting that took it. I'm hoping they have another clutch.

thanks Ant I will hopefully post some baby robins soon I know mom is still feeding them and i will make sure they are robins this time:LOL:

very nice set kaz, love the one with the flower

thanks a lot Lea

Back