Back From Norfolk, still waiting for D70!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone. I'm back!

I haven't been around the forums these last few days, because I've been camping in Norfolk, and I can't reach the keyboard from there. STILL haven't got my Nikon D70 as Ffordes said it would come on Tuesday morning before 1PM. It didn't - so I had to go on holiday without it :crying:.

Thanks to everyone who suggested places to go - went to Cley, Blakeney Point and Horsey Beach. Things we saw at Cley: 14 Cormarants(spelled that right?) on a rock, Grey Heron, Little Egrets(2), Hobby (we think), Marsh Harriers, Black-Headed Gulls (loads), Shelducks, Lapwings, and the usual coots, moorhens, mallards etc. Also saw a pair of Moorhens angrily chasing off a stoat/ferrety thing that had presumably been after their chick.

We didn't get to the end of Blakeney Point, but we saw seals in the sea there and also at Horsey. Got 200 pics to look through when my camera's batteries have charged up.

As we missed the delivery of my D70, my dad is taking me to pick it up from the depo tomorrow morning, and I CANNOT WAIT!!

So you're all gonna have to keep telling me what a great camera the D70 is, and keep me entertained with pictures (shouldn't be a problem - 2,500 new posts since I last logged in :eek:)

Gone to collect the camera now then?
Oh gawd... there'll be no stopping him now! :LOL:

Shame it didnt arrive in time for your hols but still you'll have more time to get used to it now.

Look forward to the pics from 'Cornwall' ;) :p

w00t.gif
w00t.gif
w00t.gif

You'll love it Ewan ... looking forward to your Norfolk shots and the first posts with your new toy ... :D

Welcome back from Norfolk BTB ... great place and some of the best birding in the country imgo ... ;)

08.gif

Thanks everyone!

I've got it, and it works great. My worries about the charger etc came to nothing - it has all the accessories including 256MB memory card, which is more than the usual 16mb you get with compact cameras (I mean, who goes out and only takes 8 pictures?)

The battery provided ran out after a few pics - it's charging now. I haven't used it in anger yet, but my first impressions are that it's a very serious and capable DSLR - No space or money is wasted on gimmicky features - even the pre-set scene modes seem like they could actually come in useful (although I won't be using them - what if someone found out? :eek:). Makes a very satisfying clunk when you take a picture, unlike my fuji. It feels big in my kiddy hands but all the controls are still easy to reach. I must look a bit silly walking around with a camera the size of my head though :LOL: All in all very pleased with it!

I picked up my fuji when I got home and it felt tiny :D

Here's a pic of it for now - will post some pics taken with it when I get a chance to take some real ones that aren't just snaps of the depo carpark!!

d70_.jpg

Congrats! Your first DSLR is a real event! :)

Back