1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Garden Star Trail take 2

Discussion in 'Photos : Creative Photography' started by michael23, Mar 27, 2012.

1. michael23

michael23

Name:
    michael
    Edit My Images:
    No
    A clearer night tonight so decided to pop my camera up for some more trails and for longer tonight. In other parts of the sky I saw 2 shooting stars, 12 satellites plus Mars, Venus and Jupiter.

164 30sec exposures at iso 800

[​IMG]

Also a black and white version to counteract the light pollution.

[​IMG]

2. Thedodo

Thedodo

Name:
    Darrell
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    well you have nailed the location of polaris(y) and pulled some nice trails off, did you shoot in raw?, if so just adjust the kelvins to combat light polution rather than converting to B&W
    Now just to find another location with some forground(y)

3. michael23

michael23

Name:
    michael
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi Darell, yes I did shoot in raw, forgot all about changing the wb, will give it a try. I have been running through a list of locations that might be suitable. (y)

4. Thedodo

Thedodo

Name:
    Darrell
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    good to hear, hope you enjoyed our little meet sunday night

5. michael23

michael23

Name:
    michael
    Edit My Images:
    No
    it was great, next time we won't have to leave early so cit can be done properly (y)

6. MWHCVT

MWHCVT Advertiser

Name:
    Matthew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's come out well (y) and I'm pleased that you enjoyed the meet (y) any idea on the cause of the static white spots :thinking:

Matt

7. michael23

michael23

Name:
    michael
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Hi matt I have had another look on my laptop thid morning. Im not sure. Unless it is fresh stars emerging and not exposed long enough for a trail?