Back Garden

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Called around to a freinds house on Saturday morning for a brew. Took a few photos of his garden. Not the best time of day really as it were sunny even though it was only mid morning. When I have taken flower snaps in my own garden it has always been in the shade before sun up or after it's gone down.
Am I right in thinking you can take them anytime you just get a different feel look dependant of the harshness of the light?

All/any comments/crit are very welcomed.

Gaz

Ians_Back_Yard.jpg

Ians_Back_Yard_2.jpg

I like these! They all go so well together!

Am I right in thinking you can take them anytime you just get a different feel look dependant of the harshness of the light?

All/any comments/crit are very welcomed.

Gaz

I like how you've presented these - but for me there are some areas that are detracting, mainly out of focus bits that are prominent. The bottom right shot is probably the best example - my eyes are drawn to the oof area in the bottom right portion of the frame.

In terms of time of day - imo there are no 'rules'. It is a matter of working with the conditions to make the most of them and take a shot in a style that will suite.

Last edited:
I like these! They all go so well together!
Cheers Beth.
I like how you've presented these - but for me there are some areas that are detracting, mainly out of focus bits that are prominent. The bottom right shot is probably the best example - my eyes are drawn to the oof area in the bottom right portion of the frame.

In terms of time of day - imo there are no 'rules'. It is a matter of working with the conditions to make the most of them and take a shot in a style that will suite.
Thanks Fi. Great feedback. I concur regarding the bottom right image that there is a tad too much oof area plus it would have been better if green in colour. I do like to shoot through folaige to some degree as I find garden images look better this way plus you get that depth feeling, if you add a couple of great full on detail/plant images to the montage that can look great too.
Thanks again Fi I do really appreciate the time taken to give thoughts on the images.

Gaz

Last edited:
Cheers Beth.

Thanks Fi. Great feedback. I concur regarding the bottom right image that there is a tad too much oof area plus it would have been better if green in colour. I do like to shoot through folaige to some degree as I find garden images look better this way plus you get that depth feeling, if you add a couple of great full on detail/plant images to the montage that can look great too.
Thanks again Fi I do really appreciate the time taken to give thoughts on the images.

Gaz

No worries - and I do agree that shooting through foliage can definitely work in some instances. I find some plants a bloody nightmare to compose for tbh!

Back