Back to Minimal!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Had a call yesterday afternoon from a friend saying conditions were perfect for shooting Dignity in Plymouth. So I shot down to meet him after work only to be greeted by misty rain!!!

Was bloody hard work shooting but luckily Nick had an umbrella in the car so I did manage one shot that was clear of smears and rain drops!

Last edited:
Nice to see you back to shooting what you do best Neil (not that your recent landscape shot was shabby).

Lovely image........have you contemplated a mono conversion at all? I think it would suit this type of shot but it is equally as good in colour.

Excellent!

Nice to see you back to shooting what you do best Neil (not that your recent landscape shot was shabby).

Lovely image........have you contemplated a mono conversion at all? I think it would suit this type of shot but it is equally as good in colour.
Thanks Stuart :) yep I have a mono, it's not as good on this occasion IMO, but it will prob make an appearance on flickr at some stage in the future!

Excellent!
Thanks Alastair :)

Nice! I see you got a feature with WEX too. Good work bud.
Cheers mate, yeah was nice to get asked to do a feature on the minimalism, also nice to get good feedback. :)

Love your work Neil. Top stuff!
Thanks Paul :)

Superb Neil, have been meaning to get back to have another try at this one, but dont think I'll bother after seeing yours;)
In truth, the conditions were probably about perfect to block out the background, especially for those of us that are crap at processing:)

Now that's is top class Neil. Right up my street (y)
Thanks Rich

Lovely image, colour tones are beautiful
Cheers Jim

Superb image Neil, I like that a lot!
Thank you Lee

Superb Neil, have been meaning to get back to have another try at this one, but dont think I'll bother after seeing yours;)
In truth, the conditions were probably about perfect to block out the background, especially for those of us that are crap at processing:)
Cheers Steve, really surprises me that it's still in good condition to shoot considering where it is!

That's lovely, and the light (or lack of it) really suits the subtle tones of the subject and the long exposure. I would not want to see it as mono - the colours suit it perfectly.
Thanks Jan

rubbish - pull your bloody socks up man and make an effort :D

:coat::coat::coat:

another stunner, Neil(y)

Nice love the tones, just googled location and you really did need perfect conditions to get this shot, makes it even better IMO

(y)

That, my friend, is now in my top ten TP pics ever.

Such a strikingly simple image but hard to get right.

Great job.!

Oh yes!
Back to your stunning best.

This is one of, if not your best Neil. I think because the subject matter makes it a little more recognisable to us non-minimalist types.
That kinda boxing ring one you did a couple of months ago was on point too. I'd love to have a pop at this sort of thing myself one day. Bravo, and keep them coming!

Back