Backdrop size Vs How many people?

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm um'ing and ar'ing about what size background to go for. To start with I'm just looking for something cheap and cheerful from fleabay and the two 'standard' support framework sizes that seem to keep cropping up are 3m wide x 2.8m high and 2m wide x 2.2m high. The backdrop itself would be a touch smaller of course.

From experience if I was to get the smaller how limited would I be when photographing more than one person? I can only assume that with a backdrop which will end being about 1.8m-ish wide I may only be limited to one or two people?

Also, with the height of 2.2m high is that tall enough to get an average person standing, or is that really limited to people sitting on a stool or floor?

I have a 3m wide backdrop and it is perfect for singles, couples and small groups - anything over 6 people though is limited to a tight group.

with the 3m, if you are doing some lively work there is room for the model to move, jump and create motion without you having to worry about you shooting the "outside" background accidentaly.

I have a 3m wide backdrop and it is perfect for singles, couples and small groups - anything over 6 people though is limited to a tight group.

with the 3m, if you are doing some lively work there is room for the model to move, jump and create motion without you having to worry about you shooting the "outside" background accidentaly.

Sound advice. Thank you very much.

Back