Backing for Mount Board

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm building a printed portfolio for uni interviews. I've decided that I want a box of 20 or so (darkroom) prints on mount board. The only problem is that I don't want to risk scratching prints with the underneath of the one on top of it.

Would felt be a decent way to go, or would it be a bit pricey/scratchy?
I'd prefer something attached to the mounts to keep it uncluttered, etc.

Cheers,

-J

If you keep the mountboard the same size for all your prints and store them in a similar sized box it will prevent the mounts moving and scratching your prints. Don't forget proper mount tape its much better than masking tape or sellotape. Goot luck.

Originally Posted by pmaccyd
If you keep the mountboard the same size for all your prints and store them in a similar sized box it will prevent the mounts moving and scratching your prints. Don't forget proper mount tape its much better than masking tape or sellotape. Goot luck.

Cheers for the reply mate. Problem is, they might not be the same size. I have some 6x7, 6x6 & 35mm & uneven borders make my skin crawl :LOL:

Use some felt?

How about keeping each individual print in a clear plastic photo bag...the type you get at events?

Felt is another good one. I actually have a roll of felt, something like 3m x 2m which I won't be using anymore. I bought it to re-felt a display board, but sold the display board soon after, so it's no use to me. I'd want to recoup some of my outlay, but interested in chatting with you if this would help? (Not sure how I'd get it to you though?!)

Use window mounts, so the print is recessed. Otherwise acid free tissue?

Originally Posted by elphesadente
Felt is another good one. I actually have a roll of felt, something like 3m x 2m which I won't be using anymore. I bought it to re-felt a display board, but sold the display board soon after, so it's no use to me. I'd want to recoup some of my outlay, but interested in chatting with you if this would help? (Not sure how I'd get it to you though?!)

That'd be ideal, but, as you say, it'd be a hassle getting it here. How much would you want for it?
PM me if you want & we can talk some more :)

ooo - don't do it - just think of the fun you can have going into shops and you can say to girl behind the counter - hello, I'd like felt.... or can I get felt?

Perhaps a whole series of new chat up lines.... ;-)

Back