Backing up...

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a bit of advice from those in the know please...

At the moment my backup "routine" is somewhat err, useless... i've an external HDD and when I remember I back up onto there...

Thing is, im staring to think how gutted/upset/annoyed i'd be if I lost all my pictures and music so trying to sort a nice easy back up solution.

Ive had a look at apple time machines which seem ideal for what I want... it backs up automatically for me etc etc and I can access the files from different machines on the network. Ive heard so many problems about them though and for what they do its quite expensive?

So, someone recommended NAS... this is the problem, ive no idea what it is or how I set it up!!

Simply what I want is something I can plug into my wireless which will back up either automatically or when I drag and drop files.. ideally I want two drives in it so if one goes kaput then the other will be there. Could anyone help recommend or advise?!

Budget upto £400 but ideally less.

Thanks!

Anyone have any idea?!

NAS is in it's simplest terms, a portable hardrive you connect to your router instead of directly to the PC. It always has power and you can access it from any PC in the house.

You can get cases that fit 2 drives.

That's about all I know about them, just google NAS and see what comes up :D

Back