Backlit dolphin

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to be honest here - this was a bit of a fluke! I had planned something similar before entering the water, thinking I'd get the 'standard' shots first then get a bit arty. As it happened I struggled for time to get the standard shots, but as he swam past on this occasion I fired off a couple of shots - and on this one there wasn't enough time for the strobes to recycle and I inadvertently got something similar to what I'd hoped to get later on!

I'll take all the luck on offer in this game!

Sunball-dolphin-TP.jpg

Mike

And just for fun - heres me taking a similar shot - taken by my buddy on his go pro! No comments please from you experienced divers on my body positioning - these guys can shift when they want!!

Mike-Poole2.jpg

Mike

Strobe didn't fire omg shhhhhhh:D

youre a bloody good tog and even when things go wrong they look right to the rest of us:p

Ha ha sorry bro couldn't help meself it's me birthday ,so i'm spending the day taking liberties:),me pressie isn't here weather is glorious and no lens,so I can be forgiven:D

it's a wonderful image mate you knew i'd like this one, that rim light of the front is fab I can just get enough of the eye too buddy works for me. Mike being very serious(which i'm not inclined to be today;)) this is one for the wall buddy. Really Mike I personally like it that much

Oh kiddo ,call me an old fuddy duddy:D,but i've found it a matter of bad taste to comment on men who cloth them sevles in rubber and then post picture online :eek::exit:

I'll see myself out ,it's a fabulous fame me old mate genuine TFS, one I'd be incredibly proud of, if mine Oh blue i'll shoot you a pm if that's ok need a bit of advice

take care

stu

Serendipity :) Fabulous shot.

Cheers Paul - nice when you get a break sometimes!

Strobe didn't fire omg shhhhhhh:D

youre a bloody good tog and even when things go wrong they look right to the rest of us:p

Ha ha sorry bro couldn't help meself it's me birthday ,so i'm spending the day taking liberties:),me pressie isn't here weather is glorious and no lens,so I can be forgiven:D

it's a wonderful image mate you knew i'd like this one, that rim light of the front is fab I can just get enough of the eye too buddy works for me. Mike being very serious(which i'm not inclined to be today;)) this is one for the wall buddy. Really Mike I personally like it that much

Oh kiddo ,call me an old fuddy duddy:D,but i've found it a matter of bad taste to comment on men who cloth them sevles in rubber and then post picture online :eek::exit:

I'll see myself out ,it's a fabulous fame me old mate genuine TFS, one I'd be incredibly proud of, if mine Oh blue i'll shoot you a pm if that's ok need a bit of advice

take care

stu

Ta mate, happy birthday - sent you a reply on PM

Mike

Mikey, we were talking about your image,would you be so kind as to pop ya techs up please,for me mate?? :)

thank kiddo
stu

Mikey, we were talking about your image,would you be so kind as to pop ya techs up please,for me mate?? :)

thank kiddo
stu

Ay up Stu,

Canon 1dx in a Nauticam housing
Sigma 15mm fisheye
ISO 400
1/250th f14

If I'd set up intentionally for this shot I'd have been at at least 1/1000th

You ready to go out shooting again yet?

Mike

Last edited:
'ello kiddo cheers for this...........

We were musing the wide angle buddy, the sea bed curve, that's what sparked my Q cheers for the reply:)

From what I can see looks really good,but I don't trust me yet on things critically sharp............... i'll get there mate but point noted on SS cheers blue !!

No and I can't cope:(..........................................:D left work to stunning goldies on frosted teasels,I'm starting to sulk;)

I need it to come tomorrow mate and I'm going to be sent miles away need it for sat morn tis going to be glorious,well unless it arrives need it .. NOW

It will probably come tomorrow and I betcha i'm grafting miles south so can't grab it for the morn but ya know mate big picture head down bring it on..:cool:................

But no ,it doesn't matter which way I twist it

I can't cope:banghead::banghead::banghead::D

Mike as an aside hope this is ok ,got a lens cover set he;s a man I think.... great set,obviously no idea on fit...........(YET OMG:rolleyes:)...........outdoor tog gear,lovely folks stella service !!!!!! just fab mate!!!!! To premature to review so just a note. but useful for you he walked Shaz through it with me being awol, products here next morning.bet they fit well,well see.

But good old fashioned lovely folks providing great service is no bad start !!

take care

stu

Back