Backpack for MFT setup

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

I’m looking for ideas for a backpack for MFT setup

I have looked at the lowepro Tahoe 150 - might be a bit small

Does anyone have any thoughts on the amazon basics backpack range

I have a GF1 with kit lens, G80 with KIt lens and 45 -200mm lens and 25 mm lens

Ideally would like to store the chargers, a flash and the various caps so everything is in one place

There is lowepro aw 400 in classified just worried be too big and I won’t take out

Think worst case GF1 stays at home in shoulder bag

Ideally needs to be water proof so can take on walks etc

Maybe there are other options then lowepro hence my reason for posting

Thanks

That Flipside is fairly bulky and probably a bit big for your kit, I had one for my Canon FF gear.
Not much room for personal stuff either, back opening is handy though
I've had all sorts of camera bags over the years, now just use inserts and put them in ordinary rucksacks.
Something like a Tenba BYOB 10 takes a fair bit of gear and you can then get a nice backpack like an Osprey

For about town especially travel I use a messenger bag, easier in crowds and safer too.
You can easily get your stuff in something like a ThinkTank Retrospective 10 or others of a similar size.
Might find you want both types, depending on what you do and where you go

Last edited:
That Flipside is fairly bulky and probably a bit big for your kit, I had one for my Canon FF gear.
Not much room for personal stuff either, back opening is handy though
I've had all sorts of camera bags over the years, now just use inserts and put them in ordinary rucksacks.
Something like a Tenba BYOB 10 takes a fair bit of gear and you can then get a nice backpack like an Osprey

For about town especially travel I use a messenger bag, easier in crowds and safer too.
You can easily get your stuff in something like a ThinkTank Retrospective 10 or others of a similar size.
Might find you want both types, depending on what you do and where you go

I use a Lowepro Photo hatchback 16L currently and finding the top section for non camera stuff very limiting in size. I think I might go the route of the Tenba BYOB system and get a nice Osprey backpack to load it into. I also just seen Tenba make shoulder bags for the BYOB inserts to go into also.

I use a Lowepro Photo hatchback 16L currently and finding the top section for non camera stuff very limiting in size. I think I might go the route of the Tenba BYOB system and get a nice Osprey backpack to load it into. I also just seen Tenba make shoulder bags for the BYOB inserts to go into also.

Works well for me, I have one of the Tenba shoulder bags, bought it as a combo deal with the BYOB 10
Very basic, but it's light and folds up small also has an end pocket for a water bottle.

Have a look at the Vanguard Alta Sky 45D. Extremely versatile and very, very well made. It will easily take your kit, and leave plenty of room for other things if you’re heading out walking.

Simon.

Last edited:
Camera bags can be quite a personal item because what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for others. One word of warning there aren’t many camera bag that are truest waterproof. You are better putting a waterproof cover over the bag. It may if you put a budget so people have an idea what’s worth recommending.

A few years back I got into the f stop range. As a camera bag they are very versatile as you can swap the different sized ICUs in and out. I even use the bags with the icus for none photography related trips or sometimes for work. They aren’t cheap but if you end up with a camera for this, a bag for that it soon adds up to the same kind of cost in the long run.

For the times I want to carry a small backpack I use the f stop guru. It takes a small or medium ICU so you can vary what you take out with you. The small can get my a7r3, 24-105 and 70-200 f4 in it. If I use the medium I can get a 100-400 in there too.

I’ve f stop stuff from alpine trek many times without any problem. They are EU based but still free postage.

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/f-stop...MIjZam1-mI4QIVy7HtCh0UFgRvEAQYASABEgIM_vD_BwE

Another vote from me on the Lowepro flipside trek series. I have two (350 and 450). The 350 is perfect but I cant get my Panasonic G9 and 100-400 (attached) in so got the 450 too. The larger one is also better for winter days in the mountains where you may need more kit.

Thanks guys great suggestions I’ll keep eye out for 350 Trek probably be a 2nd hand purchase - at moment can’t justify the price for new bags

For now picked up a Flipside 300 but will need a rain cover just in case - but in good condition and picked up for 30 quid so was a no brainier

Need to spend more time learning the art then buying bags. :)

Back