Backup NAS to Cloud without a PC

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a real-time backup solution that can backup files from a basic NAS onto the cloud. I have a security camera system that can write the files to a base unit or a NAS but I'd like to see if I there is a way I can store these onto the cloud using the NAS and not requiring a PC connected to run any software.

Definitely easily achieved using Synology with various cloud storage apps, what NAS are you using?

My Asustor backs up to both Google drive and Amazon Photos, so definitely doable.

I don't have a NAS just yet, but looking to get something very cheap for this purpose. I need it to put security camera videos onto the cloud for me in real-time

I don't have a NAS just yet, but looking to get something very cheap for this purpose. I need it to put security camera videos onto the cloud for me in real-time

You can do this with Synology, but you will need to compress significantly the videos unless you have a decent up-speed available. Each of my security cameras (Reolink) is writing approx 60Gb a day!! (MP4 files)

Wouldn't you be better just enabling remote access into the NAS so you can view from anywhere

You can do this with Synology, but you will need to compress significantly the videos unless you have a decent up-speed available. Each of my security cameras (Reolink) is writing approx 60Gb a day!! (MP4 files)

Wouldn't you be better just enabling remote access into the NAS so you can view from anywhere
That's a lot of data! The cameras I'm looking at are the EUFY brand and typical reviews indicate that 16GB is enough to store 30days of data.

I would like to backup to the cloud in case the NAS gets stolen during a break in. Id rather spend the money on a NAS then to be held hostage by a subscription based service like Ring.

That's a lot of data! The cameras I'm looking at are the EUFY brand and typical reviews indicate that 16GB is enough to store 30days of data.

I would like to backup to the cloud in case the NAS gets stolen during a break in. Id rather spend the money on a NAS then to be held hostage by a subscription based service like Ring.

I'd rather have a decent image that I can freeze and actually see identifiable things!

My cameras are these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reolink-Me...nk+2+pack&qid=1588000743&s=electronics&sr=1-9

16Gb for 30 days suggests either low resolution or massive compression. Thats all very well but may prove next to useless if nothing can be actually identified from the image!!

I accept that there is a risk if the NAS goes missing, but I think its more likely laptops/tablets/jewelry will go and not a lot else, but ultimately thats what we pay insurance for!!!

Back