Backup software that uses Windows scheduler

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody know of a decent backup tool that can
1. Create bootable images
2. Can do either incremental or differential backups (pref both)
3. Works with the Windows task scheduler?

Point 3 seems to be the killer. Been playing with Macrium and it seems if I pay for it (and it's a fair price) it will do all of that apart from step 3. Testing backups, it won't wake the computer from sleep to do backups which is a really handy feature of Task scheduler.

Any ideas? Or would I be better digging into the Robocopy manual and scripting something?

Check Acronis True Image, it definitely does 1 & 2 and has an option from within itself to wake up the sleeping/hibernating PC to do the backup.

I'm pretty sure Macrium has an option to wake up a sleeping or hibernating computer to carry out a backup - but you're right the paid for version is a bit expensive.

I use VEEAM Agent for Microsoft Windows which is free.

I understand that VEEAM has an option to automatically power on a PC and run a backup although I haven't tried it myself as I tend to wake PCs with either BIOS wake up features or run WOL from another PC (I have a CCTV server on 24x7)

Anybody know of a decent backup tool that can
1. Create bootable images
2. Can do either incremental or differential backups (pref both)
3. Works with the Windows task scheduler?

Point 3 seems to be the killer. Been playing with Macrium and it seems if I pay for it (and it's a fair price) it will do all of that apart from step 3. Testing backups, it won't wake the computer from sleep to do backups which is a really handy feature of Task scheduler.

Any ideas? Or would I be better digging into the Robocopy manual and scripting something?
Robocopy can only do point 3.......

I use VEEAM Agent for Microsoft Windows which is free.

I understand that VEEAM has an option to automatically power on a PC and run a backup although I haven't tried it myself as I tend to wake PCs with either BIOS wake up features or run WOL from another PC (I have a CCTV server on 24x7)

Ooo Veeam looks pleasingly techie. Thank you - d/l now.

IMHO automated backups and image copies can be dangerous !
25 years in the IT industry and too many instances of auto backups failing without being noticed and image copies being corrupted, nothing worse than thinking your safe. My rule has always been its not a backup unless you have checked its contents and done the occasional restore to double check !
Just this week had a client loose his outlook email as his backup did not work on open files and his machine was always on !
Personally I use Windows 10 File History to a internal drive and file copy to external USB disks (2 separate drives 1 at home 1 and work and swap after backup) on a weekly basis

Back