Bad Advise

Ah, your average Nikon user. :LOL:

lmfao!

and I'm a nikon user :D

:nikon:

Is there such a thing as bad advice (aside from purchases I mean obviously). I mean if someone advises a way to take a shot, it may not be the "right" way, but different things work for different people.

Obviously with purchases, I'd expect anyone to research and make their own, informed decision.

2p ;)

Theres obviously bad advice for purchases. Like someone wanting to shoot landscapes and someone suggests a 300mm f/2.8. But yeah, for composition and processing its all subjective. Theres probably a number of shots where the group collective will agree about what needs to be fixed though.

Theres obviously bad advice for purchases. Like someone wanting to shoot landscapes and someone suggests a 300mm f/2.8.

I've shot far more landscape with telephoto lenses than wides and a 300 2.8 would suit me perfectly as landscape choice.

There really is no one line on most questions here.

Right I wish to make a formal complaint about this post, on two levels

1) I have never been a Nikon owner nor know a Nikon owner nor intend to be a Nikon owner either voluntary or
involuntary now or sometime in the future
and as I resemble the discription above therefore I find the post inflammatory
2) I believe that Nikon owners everywhere will have been offended by that post therefore as a bleeding heart, I mean a member of this community I wish to defend the right of all Nikon owners to go about their lawful hobby / Nikon ownership unmolested :rules:

Oh and one more thing.............

I really should lay off the caffeine this time of night :D

At the end of the day, isn't it always up to the one receiving the advice to consider it and decide whether to take it?

I'm sure no one's giving bad advice on purpose, which means either 1) they're mistaken, or 2) their opinion is just markedly different than someone else's. What works great for one person may be disastrous for another.

- CJ

Are you spoilin' for a fight Pete?!?! :boxer: :LOL:

The only fault I find with this forum is it's more Canon biased ( IMO ) but then without people buying Canons and seeing the error of there ways, there wouldn't be so many sales of Nikon D3's when they defect over... :woot:

:nikon:

( Note: all said tongue in cheak... )

Good advice could well turn out to be bad and bad advice might actually be good.
Without doubt, the worst advice we are all guilty of.....is the advice we keep to ourselves.

Back