bad attempt at shooting toys

Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing Liberalis' posts on his model cars, thought I'd give it a go with my Macross Valkyries. First time using Photoshop quick mask (I think it should be called painful mask), and here's my attempt. Long way to go yet. :LOL:

Valkyrie_sky_800x533.jpg

:LOL: It's not Thunderbirds. :p

Looks like Gundam to me, also looks very good, think the white balance might be a little on the tungsten side, but with some tweaking I think this will looks absolutely perfect (y)

Yes, you're right! Colours tweaked.

Valkyrie_sky_800x533-1.jpg

I think you've done a great job with that Kamion (y)

Looks much better with the tweak (y)

hehe. This is fun! Here's another one... combined with a shot of the moon I did a few months ago! :D

Valkyrie_moon_800x533.jpg

The Moon one is better. It fits better with the background (tho the lighting is from the wrong direction a bit).

Watch your cut and snipping.. 1 or 2 pixes feather will soften the hard edges and then with a little effort with some masking and blurr youc "could" add some jet exhausts.

I used the "gaussian blur" to try to soften the edges a bit. Where do I find this "feather" blur in Photoshop CS2?

Ok, here's my latest.

ROFL. :LOL:

ValkyrieonCarrier_569x800.jpg

Feather your selection. Numpty :D
(eggs, mothers and sucking thereof?)

Ahhhh! I was looking under "Filters" for the Feather option. :nuts: Didn't know it was part of the "Select" menu. :bonk:

Thanks! :D

HTH :)

Great effects you're achieving there Kamion ... interesting to say the least ... (y)

Nicely played ... ;)

:p

Thanks for the comments guys. :) It was good fun playing with Photoshop. :D Might play with it some more to try out Paul's suggestion with feathering and adding "jet exhaust".

:clap: lol - nice work

omg! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:notworthy:

Just shows how much I have yet to learn! :LOL:

Thanks for that, Liberalis! (y)

Oh my, that does look a bit good. A fantastic bit of modeling along with the photos.

When I joined the forum I didn't expect to see a Gundam Fighter being used as a subject, nice.

Got that on VHS somewhere :LOL:

It was Warspite's post that threw me after reading your original post. Is it from be the original series then, or the latter Macross II, Macross Plus or Macross 7?

Well, the Valkyrie design is from the original Macross series, but the paint scheme is a "custom" by the toy manufacturer and never appeared on the series.

We're really showing our true geeky side now, Paul. :geek:

Back